“Delicious and fresh always”
Review of Shinsei Sushi

Shinsei Sushi
Ranked #77 of 322 Restaurants in Medford
Price range: US$2 - US$18
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 25, 2018

One of our regular favorites. We live locally and frequent this sushi restaurant regularly. Wait staff seems to change frequently, but the chefs have been there for a while. Between the traditional items and specialty fish items, everything is always fresh and flavorful. Delicious for all ages.

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

I’m just passing through and was happy to find Shinsei Sushi
Great fast service and the sushi is awesome!!
I had the seaweed salad and a spider roll, soooo good!!

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

If you like sushi give Shinsei a try. It's a fairly new restaurant in Medford located across from REI. They have a large sushi menu to choose from along with some non- sushi meal selections. We arrived on a Thursday around 5:30 which was shortly be it got crowded. We each ordered a sushi roll from the traditional side of the menu. Both came sliced into 6 pieces compared to 8 at many sushi bars. However, the prices weren't as high as other places that serve an 8 piece roll. They also have sushi rolls under a "premium" menu side that come i 8 slices. We enjoyed our choices and would order it again. Service was fast. The only drawback was that even with all the choices, there wasn't a large variety of seafood in the rolls. Most were very much the same with only the veggies and non seafood change per roll.

Reviewed February 17, 2018

The marquee advertises sushi and ramen and although the menu is diverse and varied, they really only have one ramen dish, but that one is very good indeed. Located opposite Trader Joe's in a strip mall with an awkward bottleneck entrance/exit, shinsei is of modest size. The place is clean and service is friendly and attentive. On my second visit I tried their 'spring roll', which is a tasty baked, spicy tuna affair. The miso soup does not impress, but the green tea is good. The yuzu Ginza is a sushi dish made onto cut squares of rice and nicely presented. Prices are reasonable for a sushi place. Ambient music is bland American contemporary, but thankfully kept at a muted level.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

I had heard many things about this place so I decided to check it out. Place is low key and clean. Service was ok. I would had liked to see more professionalism. Hostess sat us down but did not gives menu so we had to wait until waitress came so then we asked for menus. Food was fast but lack flavor. It was a bit disappointed about this place. Of course,this was my experience but I wish you can have a better experience.