“Lunch with my son”

Bonsai Teriyaki & Sushi
Ranked #34 of 322 Restaurants in Medford
Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

Love their food, love the sushi... kind of expensive , but worth while.
LOTS of choices for sushi rolls, almost too many, the choices are sooooo many, though to choose, we wanted to try more...

Reviewed December 20, 2016 via mobile

First time here, huge menu! Tough parking during lunch but that's the case a lot of places. The service was fast but nothing special. Bento Box offers big variety! Substitutions are costly, chicken was cold and the teriyaki sauce tasted like it was from a bottle. I do love the traditional salad dressing but most restaurants like this use iceberg lettuce and it's absolute garbage this was the case here too and it wasn't even fresh. I don't think I'd try it again but now I know.

Reviewed November 9, 2016

This was a nice surprise, The fish was fresh and flavorful, the waitstaff was attentive and chatty (just enough chat!). The sushi chef behind the counter was very pleasant and the portions were plenty.

I love the idea of the sushi counter you don't see that often in smaller towns.

Overall, I would go back and I don't think you'd be sorry.

(4 star rating as this would not be considered fine dining but a very good meal).

Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

Some friends and I dropped in here after a golf game. The service was excellent and the food plentiful. I had a sashimi and tempura combination and my friends had the bento box and a variety of California and different fish rolls. The quality and quantity of the food was excellent and they also had a variety of beers including Kirin and Sapporo. The two chefs were excellent and the food appeared quit rapidly. The place gets very busy at lunch and while there is adequate parking, I would suggest getting there a little early. Will definitely return.

Reviewed August 10, 2016

I came here with a friend and we had a good time. The rolls were very well prepared and the ingredients were very fresh. The service was a little slow but in the defense of the staff it was a little busy so I would not say the service was bad. The server always had a smile.

The rolls to choose from was pretty good. a large enough menu to have variety but small enough that you didn't feel overwhelmed.

Overall a very nice experience at this restaurant. I will go back again to enjoy a few more of the rolls I didn't have room to try.