“A ton of food along with a good show”
Review of Shoji's Medford

Shoji's Medford
Ranked #98 of 322 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: Japanese, Fast food
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2018

I hadn't eaten at a place like this in a long time. It's fun to see the food prepared in front of you. We were seated with a lady that had three children and one was very whiny so it ruined the experience. The table across for us had only two adults and I don't know why we didn't get seated there. The food was good and there was a mountain of it. The service was good too.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Went for a family birthday dinner. Have eaten here since the year they opened. Food and service are still good. Most of our group got the double chicken terrioki. I had the garlic marinated ahi run and it was great rare. Good service and great food. Refills not an issue.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

I would say that average is the best way to describe our experience. It started out okay they took our order for both food and drinks and left to go fulfill them or at least we thought. People who ordered alcoholic beverages got theirs pretty quickly but whoever ordered sodas or coffee didn't get there till almost 30 minutes later. I will say our cook showed up any timely manner. We have been here before so we knew what to expect but we got fell short. He barely did any jokes and what jokes he did do seemed to be an afterthought. He ended up burning most of the eggs that went into the rice which made the rice taste burnt. He then cut up the vegetables but made the vegetable so large you end up having to cut them yourself which makes it really hard since they don't give you knives. The rest of the meal was okay but again it was quite lackluster from any previous experiences. If I had a recommendation to make it would be just to order the food takeout to not have to deal with a subpar service.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

I think you are paying for the atmosphere. The food was bland, very salty and mainly rice. I think it is overpriced for the food and atmosphere is so so. I won’t go back.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

My wife's favorite restaurant and always proud to be served by Chef Taylor, he is a Teppanyaki artist! Good food, good portions, good people.

Date of visit: November 2017

Been to Shoji's Medford? Share your experiences!