1,766 results
All reviews jory restaurant wine country willamette valley wine tasting window seat filtered water beautiful property complimentary snacks pinot noir steam room four seasons soaking tub gas fireplace turn down service rooms are large fitness center lexus
Reviewed October 31, 2011

From our experience this is the best hotel in the area (though there are great B&B options too).

Food and accommodation both first class yet service is informal/friendly as you might expect in Oregon. If you're choosing a room, I'd suggest the front side of the building (half face into the hill and are less sunny with less good views).

Also nice pool area.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Tony B
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at The Allison Inn & Spa to celebrate our birthdays.
One word that describes The Allison, would be -- sublime...
What an amazing experience we had there. Can't wait to return!

Today, when it was time to check out, my husband said that he didn't want to leave.

From the moment you arrive you realize that you are at a very special place. The staff is so welll trained that you know that they love working there and want to make sure that your every need is met.

I am a travel snob and love staying at a Four Seasons, whenever one is available. The Four Seasons doesn't have anything on this place. Best trained staff of any hotel that I have ever stayed on this continent. Period.

Our room was on the Spa-level, which I highly recommend, with a vineyard view. This is the most private and beautiful view on the property - odd numbered rooms. The place was completely booked to capacity and we didn't hear a peep out of any other room. The place is so quiet and peaceful with a touch of style. Cool earth tones and elegant lines. You feel as though you are in another country, not in Newberg, Oregon.

We were there celebrating our joint birthdays. When we arrived in our room we were greeted with chocolate truffles and later a bottle of sparkling wine on ice arrived from a local winery -- all of which was complimentary.

I didn't realize that Pierre from the Heathman was running The Allison, but after I discovered this I knew that we were in good hands, having stayed at the Heathman's grand suite many years ago on an Anniversary, which Pierre made quite special for us.

Perfect weekend, perfect place.

See my review of Jory, which is fantastic. Best Sunday Brunch ever. The desserts were to die for -- amazing pastry chef!

We did not use any spa services, but the spa was beautiful and inviting. Next time we will definitely indulge. Splurge and enjoy! Highly recommend The Allison!

Room tip: Rooms on the Spa Level are lovely and quiet. Odd numbered rooms are on the Vineyard side which has the loviest views.
5  Thank Oregon J
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed here for a girls weekend - we were quite amazed at the sumptuousness of this hotel. The woodwork, the in-room fireplace, spacious rooms and immaculate grounds were delightful! I can't wait to bring my husband back for a romantic weekend and to enjoy the beautiful spa. This is a really lovely property and a perfect getaway from the city. The staff was friendly and helpful - especially the bell staff in helping us to pack all the wine we bought into our car!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank jccatlady
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Took my wife on a surprise Birthday Weekend this this marvelous resort. Had a package that included room, dinner, and spa and it was absolutely incredible. Had wine and bar menu in the afternoon on the covered deck that has a fireplace and view of the vineyard. Had a wonderful dinner and finished by have wine in the Living Room Area where they had wonderful Jazz and a big fireplace fire from 6:30PM to 10:30PM. The room had a fireplace and huge flatscreen TV, and a spa bathroom with a deep soaking tub and Dead Sea Salts. Our favorite part of the room was the wonderful deck with chairs and table, we finished off a bottle of wine looking at the wonderful vineyard and stars before going to dinner. We promised ourselves to go back for my birthday and our anniversary. We are so blessed to have this wonderful resort only 30 minutes from our home. We could have flown to Napa Wine country and not found a better place, we highly recommend this wonderful resort and the service was the best we have ever seen, they really have the help well trained. If you want a great snack, get the Pinot Burger off the bar menu or the Hummus Plate, both are excellent. All the wines were great and the restaurant has over 50 wines by the glass. Over 200 wineries in the area too, but we chose to stay at the resort, and my wife loved her facial at the spa on her birthday. This place is a gem and they told us at dinner that it was just awarded 59th best resort in the world, it deserves it, we were pampered! Very romantic spot too!

Room tip: Ask for a room with deck overlooking the vineyard. Bellman told us that on Wednesdays from 5:30PM to 6:30PM they have free wine tasting in the Living Room featuring local Oregon Wineries.
4  Thank Pdxfoodiecritic
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night during our wine tasting trip and our only complaint is that we did not stay longer!
The rooms are beautiful (love the fireplace), bathrooms gorgeous, and although we did not visit the spa the pool and jacuzzi were fantastic! There was a crowd around the outdoor fire pit so we enjoyed the "real wood" fireplace that is inside by the bar.
We decided to order room service and were very pleased with the speed in which it arrived and the quality of the food. We had stopped by the Jury restaurant to review the menu and felt a little put off by the hostess...there was no one at the stand so we took a menu to look at. Suddenly she came running over and essentially said they were booked for the evening and we could possibly come by at 8:00 pm to check on availability at the chefs counter (it was a Monday night in Oct). Well we walked by at that time and there was PLENTY of open tables...we ordered room service instead to enjoy in front of the fire but the hostess could have been more accomodating.
All in all a wonderful stay and we will definitely be back!!!!

4  Thank Laurenkarl