This review can be summarized in 4 words, "We Loved it here" the end....
...but for those wanting more details the full review follows.
At check in we were greeted by the very friendly, and good humored, Juli (with an 'i'). The rest of the staff at the counter, including the General Manager, were equally as pleasant and helpful.
The room itself was very spacious and included a fridge, microwave and Keurig coffee maker-all of which worked fine- and there was even a DVD player (there was a large selection of DVD's to choose from in the lobby, but we didn't use them and I don't know if there was a charge to rent them).
One of the highlights for us though was the large balcony overlooking the ocean. It was a real treat to sit there and listen to the sounds of the ocean and watch the waves come in. When we went for a walk on the beach (the walkway down to the sand is a paved path a few hundred feet north of the hotel), we noticed that several of the other hotels along the beach didn't have balconies and, in at least one case, only a small window to open!
For those not wanting a dip in the ocean, which was really cold, you can still satisy your swim fix with a dip in the indoor, salt water swimming pool.
Another bonus for setting a relaxing mood in the room was the gas fireplace.
As for room tips, I believe every room faces the ocean side of the building, so there is no road noise, and the walls seem quite sound proof as we did not hear any noises from other guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come enjoy the warmth and quiet comfort of the Elizabeth Street Inn with all oceanfront rooms. Ideal for couples, families and even limited dog friendly rooms for you and your four legged best friend. Located high on a bluff overlooking the beach, the Elizabeth is within walking distance of distinctive dining, galleries and shopping of historic Nye Beach, the Newport Performing Arts Center, an historic lighthouse and miles of Oregon's pristine beaches and tide pools. The Oregon Coast Aquarium, golf, fishing and many other area atrractions are close by.Just a few things you can expect from the Elizabeth Street Inn, all oceanfront rooms with a fireplace and balcony. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet, seasonal smoked salmon chowder appetizer, nightly fresh baked cookies in our lobby at night. Indoor oceanfront salt water pool, jacuzzi spa and exercise room. Meeting room, business service center and complimentary wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Choice Hotels, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Elizabeth Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Street Hotel Newport
- Elizabeth Street Newport
- Elizabeth Inn Newport Oregon
- Elizabeth Street Inn Newport, Oregon