All reviews cookies front desk yogurt bottled water would stay here again room was clean hot breakfast nye beach boiled eggs road trip the breakfast area free breakfast nice stay two nights third floor coffee pot parking lot
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The rumpled sheets should have given it away. When I went to lay down to sleep I found a couple of hairs in the pillow area---definitively not mine. Then I found another one that looked entirely different on the blanket, not mine for sure! The other factor was noise. We were on the second floor near the elevators and you could hear the elevator door and also someone with insomnia who was arranging furniture upstairs.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
comfortinn1, General Manager at Comfort Inn Newport, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Thank you for submitting your comments regarding your saty at the Comfort Inn Newport. We are very sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than satisfactory and only wish that you would have said something at the time so we could have made things right. Our rooms are double checked by two sets of eyes every day and this is not a problem we encounter.
Please do give us another try should you ever visit Newport again and let us show you how clean our rooms really are. Thanks again and we will use this review as a training tool for our housekeeprs.
Sincerely
The Management

Reviewed August 22, 2011

This motel is just a few steps from a wide sandy beach. My room was comfortable and clean and the front desk was friendly and helpful. Rooms on the second floor are very easy to load and unload your luggage if you park in the back.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are the most convenient
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Nice place, tidy and well kept. Good stop as part of our road trip and good breakfast to get us back on the road.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is a fine place for an overnighter along the coast. The staff are friendly and the location is great. The rooms appear somewhat dated but are clean, and the free wi-fi works good. Breakfast was adequate and well-attended. With low temps year-round, the natural air conditioning was quite nice -- and there's a small fan in the room if you need some air circulation.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidLou
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We had two rooms at the Comfort Inn in Newport: one for my parents with one Queen bed, and one for my husband, self and our two kids with two Queens. Both rooms were on the third floor. Our room was at the end of the hall, next to the stairwell on the street side of the building. I don’t recall hearing any noise from other guests. I was happy to see we had a partial view of the ocean between the hotels on Elizabeth Street, and we could hear the waves on the shore. My parent’s room was on the back side of the building, overlooking a parking lot, but they weren’t worried about the view.
Since there is no AC, both our rooms were very warm. I knew about this detail from reading previous reviews, so we were expecting this. My parents and my family left our windows open all night. My husband wasn't happy he could hear a fog horn as he was trying to get to sleep, but he was willing to keep the window open for the cool air.
We only stayed one night. We all enjoyed the cookies that were served in the lobby in the evening after we arrived. Breakfast was good with waffles, eggs, sausage, juice and other items. However, the breakfast area felt very crowded and it was hard to maneuver between the tables and chairs, and around the waffle maker and juice machine. Some of the food items (eggs and sausage) were constantly being refilled, so there was sometimes a wait. There was another small room attached with more tables and chairs, but it was still difficult to get through. It seemed the room could have been arranged better to fit more people and make it easier to maneuver. It didn’t help there was a large washing machine box taking up space on the side of the room next to a table and chairs and the exit. The box could have been moved to a corner where it would have been out of the way, but was instead left in a high traffic area.
The breakfast area being crowded and food running out are our only real complaints. Both our rooms were clean and comfortable. The price was reasonable. The staff were friendly, helpful and when asked, suggested good places to eat dinner. The next day they allowed us to leave one of our vehicles in their parking lot for most of the day, after we checked out, so we could drive up the coast together to see the sights.
Thank you to the Comfort Inn staff for making our stay enjoyable. We will definitely put this on our list of nice places to stay.

Room Tip: I liked our room on the street side, 3rd floor, closest to the ocean, for the sound of the waves and the partial view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family