All reviews cookies front desk yogurt bottled water would stay here again room was clean hot breakfast nye beach boiled eggs road trip the breakfast area free breakfast nice stay two nights third floor coffee pot parking lot
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I made a mistake and thought I'd made a reservation (I had NOT) but they did not blink an eye and found me a room right away. The hotel, rooms and the breakfast is FANTASTIC. Visit Newport, Oregon and the coast and stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
comfortinn1, General Manager at Comfort Inn Newport, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn in Newport. Your comments are reviewed by the entire staff and we use these comments to help boost employee morale as well as make improvements in the way our guests are treated.
Thanks again from the entire staff at the Comfort Inn

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Clean, comfortable, quiet, well appointed and the BEST BED we slept in on a 15 night driving holiday. Would definitely recommend. Also the WIFI was lightening fast.

Room Tip: We were on the back, but it is on a quiet street, so I think all the rooms would be good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn in Newport. We are so glad you enjoyed our beds(we do get a lot of positive feedback) The owners and myself use the comments from our guests for making improvements in our hotel. We also use these comments for continued training of our employees.
Thank you again for posting your review and we hope that you will stay with us in the future

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I traveled from a local city to Newport for the purpose of having oral surgery. I had to register early because doing so afterward would have been difficult. Megan was wonderful in having the room cleaned early so I could return and have access to it right after surgery. I have many allergies which were well communicated and my room was cleaned with that in mind. Megan asked the housekeepers to open my window for good ventilation afterward and the room was just as she said it would be. She stored my bag in the lobby and Chuck, the manager allowed me to check in before the usual 3PM check-in time. They were friendly, welcoming and understanding of my circumstances.

Kelly took my initial reservation and was very accommodating. She took the time to listen to my concerns and made excellent notes for subsequent shifts to work from. The room was very clean, well kept up and I was quite comfortable recovering from my surgery. I look forward to going back under more energetic circumstances and truly enjoying the "comfort" of the inn, the town of Newport and the environmental ambiance.

A great place to recover...thank you for all you did!

Room Tip: I liked being on the second floor because it felt more open and I had a good breeze. I would request the third floor next time for the same reasons.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn in Newport. I have shared your review with the entire front desk staff and was thrilled that you named names. The entire staff works very hard to keep our guests happy, however it is allways an extra delight to see their names in such a positive light. It is our hope that we can be of service in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

The hotel has a good location convenient to the Nye beach area of Newport. The lobby is attractive and the staff is very polite and helpful. The rooms are well appointed with flat screen TV and excellent reception quality. The major 'downside' I encountered was the housekeeping or more accurately the 'upkeep' of the room. The small sofa was stained with some kinda black grease like who knows what. Ditto for the old fashioned polyester comforter on the bed. (why are they still using these ??) The carpet didn't fare much better. Bathroom was very clean and good shower water pressure. Note... although not an issue when I was there in March, this is the only Comfort Inn I have stayed in that has no A/C... Breakfast was standard CI presentation. Not great but OK.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank upgradeThis
comfortinn1, General Manager at Comfort Inn Newport, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn Newport. Please note that your comments are reviewed by the senior staff and owners of the hotel and we will use what you have told us to better train our staff. Thank you again for your response.
Sincerely
Chuck Cummings General Manager

Reviewed February 11, 2012

We've stayed here 3 or 4 times in recent years when we can't get into our timeshare for a holiday weekend. The Comfort Inn is comfortable, clean and reasonably priced (especially with a senior or government discount). Location is close to restaurants in the Nye Beach and bayfornt areas. Everything you need for a weekend getaway. The included breakfast -- waffles, cereals, pastries, fruit, juice and coffee gets your day off to a good start.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you som much for your review of the Comfort Inn Newport. The entire staff at the Comfort inn really works hard to keep our guests happy and feeling at home. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service and hope that you will continue to use us when your other option is not available.
Sincerely