“Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We ate here the first night we were in Newport. The food was absolutely wonderful. The waitress was very nice and the atmosphere was great. They also a patio that you can eat on and it is just great. Will eat their again when I return.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

A year ago my family and I stayed at the Best Western and visited this on-site restaurant. The food was fairly good and the wait service was excellent. Eating in a true restaurant or, up from that, in a fine dining restaurant is a luxury for our family.

Well, we went back this year and we were fairly disappointed. The Hostess was perfectly pleasant and prompt. The gentleman who refilled our water glasses and retrieved items missing from our table offered excellent service. Our waitress, I am hoping that she was just tired as we did come in for a later dinner. She wasn't rude. She brought our food and drinks as quickly as she could but she wasn't entirely friendly nor helpful through most of our time in the restaurant.
The menus. They once had real menus but we received paper that was front and back printed.
The food. The only bright spot in the food were the sides. They were well prepared. The salads were meh. There were were four of us and each ordered a different entree. Each entree took awhile and three of the four ranged from over cooked to just burned. My younger son ordered a burger. It was a frozen patty with cheese and a bun, and it was burned. My daughter ordered chicken cordon bleu. It was not burned but the only flavor was the ham. I ordered the parmesan halibut. The whole thing was over cooked. The worst was my husband's dinner. He ordered the filet mignon. He asked for medium rare. He received a nearly well done steak drowned in some thick gravy. And it was heavily over salted. He compared it to a TV dinner.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We heard that their eggs benedict was "The Best" so we arrived at 9:30 AM to try it out. After a wait for a table...then another wait to get some coffee...we placed our order and the place was NOT crowded...the waitress seemed very confused about everything...and after another wait of about ten minutes she came out and told us that they had run out of english muffins but they could make the benedict on white bread!! So we had a good laugh and said yes because we had already invested 20 minutes in wait time...when the bendicts arrived I was SO disappointed because I had been told they used homemade hollandaise....what a joke!! They eggs were overdone and the hollandaise was the tasteless "From a package" garbage that you probably can get from FSA and add some butter and water to...TERRIBLE!! The waitress was asked if we could get a discount for the hassle and she said "No, but I can give you the coffee for free!" WOW! Whoever is the manager of The Starfish breakfast shift should be dealt with because they do not understand the meaning of the word "Service" in Service Industry...we are locals and will not return to the Starfish again! If you are a guest at the Best Western...there are plenty of better options for you in Newport that actually DO take their Service seriously ...go to The Coffee House on the bayfront....way better food and better service...even Georgies Beachside at the Hallmark is much better than Starfish!!

2  Thank Fritz Z
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Great view of the dunes and the ocean. Our waitress, Nancy, was very professional and accommodating. Enjoyed our meal very much.

1  Thank Spencer230
Reviewed 9 July 2017

identicle menu to the Rookie'sSports Bar but with a few additions.Restaurant was abandoned at dinner time , not a good sign.