All reviews across the street coffee shop jetted tub easy access key pad beautiful view access code beach towels air conditioner fresh air albatross room fire station breakfast sandwich the kitchen post office small fridge cannon beach
Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, and easily accessible. The view of the beach and ocean was fantastic, although as others have mentioned wish that the windows could be opened. Super easy to walk out the door and get to the beach. I really appreciated the electronic entry method that allowed for a casual arrival and departure. The only thing I would suggest is that a departure time be added to the room confirmation/website. Unless I missed it somewhere, i had to assume a standard hotel check out time of around 11am.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2017

My wife and I traveled from Colorado to Oceanside to attend our granddaughter's wedding, and we stayed at Three Arch Inn for three nights. We truly loved many aspects of the place, but found a few things oddly lacking.

But, first the good points! The view from our room (and I'm sure from all 5 rooms) is beyond spectacular! Sunsets behind the three arch rocks are amazing to behold. The ocean along this part of the coast is quite shallow, resulting in low tides that cause the water to recede as far away as 75 yards or so from the shore. At high tide, the waves roll in constantly to produce a mesmerizing sound that put us to sleep each evening after enjoying the ocean view, cocktails in hand.

We can't say enough good things about Janet, the innkeeper. She was very friendly and accommodating to us, and one evening even provided us with her own personal ice bucket full of ice from her fridge.

Our room (#2) had one very comfortable king bed, a table and a couple of side chairs. It was also equipped with a mini-fridge and small microwave oven. The flat screen TV was mounted on a wall in such a location as to be viewed most easily from the bed which faced it.

The well-lit bathroom had a very large Jacuzzi type tub and shower. It had all the toiletries you would expect to find and also a hair dryer.

The entire first floor of the inn is a wonderful coffee and snack shop with lots of sitting areas and free WiFi. It was buzzing with activity pretty much the whole time we were there.

But, now for the not so good aspects of Three Arch Inn. In our room, at least, there was no closet. There was one fairly small chest of drawers in which to place unpressed clothing, but as we had packed wedding appropriate clothing, there was really no place to properly hang it. So, we found ourselves living out of our suitcases to a large degree during our stay.

The inn advertises that you can turn off your cell phone and relax while you are there, and that they have free in-room long-distance calling to pretty much anywhere. The fact is, you really have no choice but to turn off your cell phone because THERE IS NO CELL SERVICE IN THE TOWN OF OCEANSIDE. So, if you can't live for a few hours or days without calling, texting or doing anything else requiring a network connection, this inn, yes, the whole town, is not for you. This wasn't really a problem for us at all, and was actually a pleasant change.

One last thing. Handicap accessible this place is not. Climbing stairs is part of your experience here. It is possible to avoid some stair climbing from street level to room entrance, but that requires about a 50-yard walk just to get from street level parking to the entrance door to the inn rooms. Then there are another unavoidable 12 or so stairs up to your room.

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay at Three Arch Inn. Sitting in our room in front of that big window in the evening and watching the waves, hearing the surf, and watching the sunsets made our thoughts of any of the day's inconveniences disappear. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

We stayed two nights at the Three Arch Inn in April, and wish we could have stayed longer. Check in was simple, and it was easy to change the code for entry to our room. We stayed in room 1, which had an amazing view of the ocean and the town. All the staff were super friendly, and the coffee shop downstairs made us feel like old friends. The owner has amazing artwork, some of which is in the guest room. The scones are awesome for breakfast, and we ended up buying a beautiful print while buying coffee on our way out. The chairs in the room were comfy and afforded us awesome views. It was a wonderful place to unwind and slow down and relax. Wish we could have stayed longer!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2017

Oceanside has become our favorite spot on the north Oregon coast. The Three Arch Inn is reasonably priced, clean, beautifully decorated and has wonderful OCEAN VIEWS! It's right across the street (not highway but little street) from the beach and also Roseanna's Cafe. There's an espresso cafe below the Three Arch Inn rooms. In addition to all this, they allow us to bring our dog and stay for only one night if that's all the time we have. We love the keyless entry. The host was excellent in communicating the code to us before we left and even allowing an early check-in which we greatly appreciated. We were here in February 2017 and also once in 2016. Both times the service and rooms were excellent. We plan to come back as often as possible.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2017

The Three Arch Inn is a great place to stay. The beds are super comfortable, the furnishings are nice, the floors are wood which I like, and the jetted bath tub was super relaxing. The views out of the window of Three Arch Rocks and the beach are absolute perfection. Flat screen tv. Everything was top notch with the exception of the door. When I first checked in the light was burned out over the door so I could not see the numbers on the electric key pad. I would attempt to type in the code they give you and it just would not open. I asked a person who worked there and they gave me a special key which made the door easier to open. However, it was still a struggle at times. I recommend you have a pocket light or cell phone in case the light is burned out above the door and use the light of that to help with the key pad thing. If the door would not be so challenging I would say this place is by far the nicest hotel in Oceanside and the views are just tremendous. Like I said, I would give five stars but getting into your room should not be a stressful situation. It has been a while since I have stayed here so I hope it is something that has been corrected.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo