“my go-to choice for Mexican in town”
Review of El Charrito

El Charrito
Ranked #14 of 81 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: Mexican
Pendleton, Oregon
“my go-to choice for Mexican in town”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

always reliable food quality, unlike more well-known local place. great to meet for lunch, convenient downtown location, nice prices

Visited May 2011

Pendleton, Oregon
“Reasonable Food, Good Service, A Good Value”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Service was very good. Food was just fine, but not outstanding. Lunch for 4 was $30 with tip. This is another "Me, Too" sit down, Mexican restaurant. I would not hesitate to go again when I want Mexican Food, but if I was undecided on Cuisine, this might not be my first choice.

• Visited December 2011
washington, dc
“perfect after a long day's drive”
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I got into town around 8pm after driving in from Mount Rainer, Washington. This restaurant was just what I needed after a long day's drive: great service, good food and cold beer. I highly recommend it!

Mobile, Alabama
“Good Mexican Food”
Reviewed 28 February 2010

While searching Pendleton for a decent local place to eat, I happened upon El Charrito in the downtown area. It was really quiet on a Saturday night, which didn't seem like a good sign. But hey, I was hungry and went in. There were just a couple of customers and the piped in music I'm so used to at a Mexican eatery was non-existent. So yes, it was really quiet.

But I was seated right away and offered the usual chips & salsa, and a glass of water. I asked for a Tecate beer and received it in a can. Surprising, as most restaurants serve their beer in bottles and that is my preference. I ordered "Camarones la crema," which is simply shrimp in a creme sauce. And this is where the experience picked up. The food itself was delicious. Generous portions of the main entree, along with rice and beans, and hot fresh tortillas. Lots of green peppers, which I don't usually like, but these were smaller and actually complemented the flavor of the dish, without overpowering it. Total cost was $11.95, and that was for one of the most expensive menu items. It was really good, and I left happy.

The restaurant itself has a good location, right downtown. Service was quick and efficient, and my server constantly refilled my water glass. The restaurant itself was very clean and looked like any decent Mexican restaurant; it was just too quiet. Especially on a Saturday night. But it was well after 9PM when I went to eat, and there didn't seem to be a lot of options at that hour in Pendleton. So the hours were another plus.

Chilliwack, BC Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Doesn't get to much better than this”
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We stopped in Pendleton for an overnight stay on a Sunday and most of the restaurant's in town are not open. Lucky we had our GPS to help us find something that was. This is one of the best Mexican restaurants we have been to. Cute Mexican decor, clean, clean, clean, service and food were superb! When we went inside there was a young man waiting with a tray of chips, salsa, and water to show us to our table. They must have seen us drive up. The chicken enchiladas with mole sauce is to die for....it is made with peanut butter!!! Everything was excellent! If you like Mexican food this is a must when in Pendleton.