Hampton Inn Portland-Airport
Travelocity
US$220
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsportland airportrental carshuttle serviceearly flightpark and flyoutdoor poolclean roomsbreakfast stafffree shuttlecomplimentary breakfastcascade stationlight sleepernice breakfastconvenient locationfront desk staffwould stay here againfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2012

As I enjoy the Hampton Group of Hotels, I chose to stay here as it was close to the conference I was attending.
In general the hotel is OK. Felt a little old, but it is well maintained. The rooms are clean and the staff does a great job in that department. Breakfast was very well serviced and the staff is also to be complimented there as well.
The planes stop around 10pm but do start early in the morning. The hotel provides earplugs – but hey, I need to hear the alarm. Fortunately, the planes were not much of a bother as they are not lined up and landing every 5 mins.
Across the main road – by car, there is a shopping area where there are plenty of choices of places to eat. The rib place was great.
Only drawback was that the hotel did not have a gym on site. One uses the gym across the way at the Sheraton, which is a very good gym. Only thing is on a cold and really rainy day – it’s not too much fun to do the short walk.
The parking lot normally very fill if you arrive late - bring your umbrella in winter!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ossieosborn
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I usually stay at holiday inn expresses but after hearing about hampton inn from some friends I thought why not try it out. Hotel was clean and comfortable, breakfast too wasn't bad. Even though I will still stay and holiday inn express hotels for the points I would still stay here again if I had to.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Guy S
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I often joke that my idea of roughing it is staying at a Hampton Inn between Hiltons. My recent stay at the Hampton Inn at Portland’s airport wasn’t roughing it at all.

I recently spent a night at this Hampton Inn while attending a meeting at the hotel next door and found it to be a generally delightful experience.

The desk clerk who checked me in was very pleasant and efficient. She’d noted the preferences in my HiltonHHonors profile and placed me in a room on the top floor.

However, walking through the halls - first to the elevator then from the elevator to my room - I felt a knot growing in my stomach. The halls seemed a bit worn and dingy, and I worried that my room would have the same character.

I needn’t have. The room had obviously been updated recently and was lovely, down to that freshly laundered duvet the placard in the elevator had boasted about.

The room included the usual amenities including flat-screen TV, free wireless Internet access, a work desk, a sitting area, a laptop desk (for using your laptop while sitting up in bed), iron and ironing board.

The bathroom amenities included something I’d not seen offered before in a hotel: earplugs. Perhaps this Hampton Inn includes these little sleep aids because of its location just south of the airport’s north runway. Missing, however, was the ubiquitous shower cap. But c’mon; when was the last time anyone under, say, age 70 actually used a shower cap as a shower cap?

Breakfast in the morning was a typical free breakfast: omelets, bacon, sausage, and other items on steam tables accompanied by fruit and yoghurt and, for the ambitious (or carb-addicted), a make-your-own waffle station. As an alternative, Hampton Inns also offer “grab-and-go” brownbag breakfasts – a nice option if you’re in a hurry.

The breakfast area and the lobby had obviously also been recently refurbished, so it appeared that the hallways – the only spot that was in any way sub-par – were left for last.

Because the hotel is situated just south of the airport’s north runway, rooms on the north end of the hotel actually have views of the approach end of Runway 28 Left (or the departure end of Runway 10 Right). Because I’m such a big aviation fan – and knowing that flights into PDX usually land to the west (approach end of 28L), I’d definitely have requested one of those rooms if I’d known about them before visiting. If you’re not a fan, there are plenty of rooms that don’t face the flight line.

All in all, I would recommend the Hampton Inn at PDX without hesitation.

Room Tip: If you love watching airplanes land and take off, ask for a room that faces the runway. Don't worry; this hotel supplies ear plugs!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TheTravelPro_us
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We always stay at a park fly rate at Hampton inn at pdx.You can stay a night.then park car. For 14 days a great deal and real convient

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I was in Portland for an early morning business meeting and had to fly in the night before so I stayed at this Hampton Inn. It was a typical Hampton, clean and reliable. My room was right off the runway so when there were planes landing or taking off you knew it although they did stop by 10:00 PM. My room was recently updated, had a pleasant clean smell. Comfortable and clean. My only real complaint was the NOISY heat/AC wall unit. The buzzing and loud condenser didnt make for a very good night of sleep (thankfully there were a bunch of pillows and used one over my head to dampen the noise level). Breakfast was typical for a Hampton. My biggest issue with this location was there is NO restaurants close by except the over priced one next door at the Sheraton. Since I didnt have a car this was an issue and should be considered if you stay here. The staff did offer a shuttle to the mall that wasnt too far away, so that is an option.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business