3,390 results
All reviews red star king suite wine hour happy hour animal print robes social hour wine reception living room bottle of champagne mini bar every evening voodoo donuts attached restaurant heart of downtown wine tasting valet staff the pearl
Reviewed November 13, 2011

What's not to like about the leopard skin bathrobes? This one has a pet dog named Timmy whom I did not meet. If you sign up for the Kimpton frequent flyer program (free), you always get a $10 minibar credit and often get room upgrades. I ended up in a king suite despite having paid a very discounted price. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
TKeleherPDX, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. I am sorry however that you missed Timmy our Director of Pet Relations... he is pretty stinking cute. Hopefully next time you visit you will have the chance to give him a squeeze if not we do have a plush toy version of him that is also pretty adorable.

See you next time,

Tessa Keleher
Front Office Manager
Hotel Monaco Portland

Reviewed November 13, 2011

The staff was warm and welcoming. Free coffee until 9 Am in the lobby and the room was of decent size but offered three small drawers in which to unpack - so most of our clothes stayed in the suitcase. There was no counter space on the desk so the in room coffee pot and utensils were on the bathroom counter, making for a very crowded sink area . There was one towel rack and that was inside the shower area so the used towels would get wet. The selection of TV channels was limited. All that said, it still was confortable and fairly classy and pretty good for the price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. As a hotel that strives to be the best your feedback is very important to us. I am sorry to hear that your room did not have adequate storage for your belongings I will be sure to talk with our general manager about this to see if there is something we can do to avoid this problem in the future. We certainly hope that you will return the next time you are in town. Be sure to call us directly if you are and we will make arrangements for an extra set of drawers for you.

Warmest Regards,

Tessa Keleher
Front Office Manager
Hotel Monaco Portland

Reviewed November 13, 2011

This hotel is awesome. Great rooms, comfortable, location is great, service was seamless, experience was very relaxing. My wife and I will definitely stay here again when in Portland.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 13, 2011

This is my second time at the hotel and this was as wonderful as the first. I am a member of the Kimpton InTouch program and it is one of the few hotels where I felt it made a difference without having to stay multiple times throughout the year.

I enjoyed the "Raid the mini-bar" reward, bringing a garden magazine to my door and having all of my favorite newspapers.
The wine and beer reception was great and the room was as well. I enjoyed being able to separate the bedroom from the living room.

The location can not be beat and the staff is always friendly and helpful. I will return.
Multiple discounts can be obtained through Travel Portland or the hotel web site.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2011

What a great hotel! Cool rooms (we stayed in a roomy king suite - got a great deal online through their website), nice wine reception, very friendly & helpful staff, excellent location. The Red Star restaurant is very good, too.

Room Tip: We loved the king suite - very roomy and it is quiet up on the 10th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple