3,370 results
All reviewsred starking suitewine hourhappy houranimal print robessocial hourwine receptionliving roombottle of champagnemini barevery eveningvoodoo donutsattached restaurantheart of downtownwine tastingvalet staffthe pearl
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco on a last minute trip and it was a huge bright spot in the trip. We booked the night before and when we checked in, we were upgraded to a King Suite. As soon as we entered, we loved the room: spacious living area, sitting area in the bedroom and of course the crazy eclectic decor (hummingbird wallpaper, for one). Somehow everything works in this hotel and it has a personality--something lacking from major hotel chains. Everyone on the staff was extremely friendly, helpful and energetic. Our room service breakfast was fantastic, as was the comlimentary wine at check in. We now know where to stay when we are in the Portland area.

Room Tip: Book online instead of the reservation phone number
3  Thank Matt E
TKeleherPDX, Owner at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad that you dig our new look! We really like it too... it is so perfectly Portland. I will be sure to pass all of your comments along to our staff as well as the Red Star.

We look forward to your next visit.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed February 15, 2012

The Hotel Monaco has become my favorite hotel in Portland. I'm there 4 times per year and after five years, I finally found a hotel that I must stay at when in town. The staff is always friendly and so welcoming from the minute you arrive. The rooms are a little small - but very comfortable and very clean. The front desk staff is great. They try to accommodate any request to make the guest happy.
Most importantly, they know the city and can direct you to exactly where you want to go even if you don't know where it is you want to end up. The doormen know every good restaurant around and know how to get you there.
I asked the doorman for a good place to eat with a nice bar scene. After discussing five different spots and what each had to offer, I decided to go to the Red Star, which is just behind the lobby of the hotel. Good food, good beer, good service.

Room Tip: King Suites are double the size of a standard room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank NoahTrop
TKeleherPDX, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for your loyalty to the Monaco! I am so glad to hear that our staff has taken such great care of you over the last 5 years. They are some of the best "Local Experts" which is priceless when you are traveling to a new city.

I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff as well as the Red Star.

On behalf of myself and our General Manager Craig Thompson THANK YOU!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

The Hotel Monaco is always my first choice when I am staying in Portland. Their staff is universally friendly, gracious, and helpful. The rooms are large and comfortable. My daughter loves the decor. My wife loves the spa services ( liek the couples massage). The Red Star has an excellent variety of food. The wine reception is my favorite part, where everyone feels part of a family of travelers. I have people from around the world and look forward to this everytime. You can;'t miss with this hotel.

Room Tip: The corner king rooms are roomy with nice windows. If you are trying to save a little, this is the best alternative to the suites.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us and the world wide web know how much you enjoyed the hotel! I am so thrilled that your entire family had such a great time and we certainly hope to see you all again in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed February 14, 2012

I have to admit that I generally like the Kimpton hotels: they're smaller than other chains (e.g., Hilton, Hyatt, etc.) and have way more personality and warmth.

The Monaco in Portland is terrific. It's pretty centrally located, although you'll need a car or need to be willing to cab it if you want to eat at some of Portland's best restaurants. That said, the Monaco otherwise has it all. The exercise room is bigger than most, the free wine in the lobby at 5, and the classic loaner bicycles are great. And I love that they're okay with kids and four legged guests.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and all of the amenities we have to offer. We hope this means that you will be back to see us the next time you are in Portland.

Be sure to check out our other Kimpton Hotels while traveling I am certain you will love them just as much!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

........in a word, Fantastic.

This is a once a year (around Valentine's Day) event for us, a grand suite stay at the Monaco. This was our second year with a 2013 stay already booked. Your front desk crew (Ryan, Lily, and those behind the scenes) was all over the few special requests we made which just made our stay that much better.

Highly recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway or just a place to stay if you want to explore downtown Portland. Greats restaurant (Red Star) adjacent to the hotel and close to many other restaurants, coffee shops, etc. Also a lovely spa in the hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely stay in a Grand Suite on the 10th floor. Room amenities are wonderful. Two bathrooms, a sitting room and a separate bedroom with a large comfy bed.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your FANTASTIC review! I am so happy that your "Valentines" visit was such a blast. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Ryan and Lily as well as the rest of the desk staff.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again next year or hopefully sooner.

Warm Regards,