3,371 results
All reviewsred starking suitewine hourhappy houranimal print robessocial hourwine receptionliving roombottle of champagnemini barevery eveningvoodoo donutsattached restaurantheart of downtownwine tastingvalet staffthe pearl
Reviewed October 17, 2017

Hotel Monaco in Portland is a very beautiful, well maintained hotel. At check in, we were greeted by an outstanding assistant, Sasha, who offered to help us with restaurants, or site-seeing, as well as giving us suggestions of businesses that could help us locally with housing for my son. When checking out a couple of days later, she remembered us. She is a good customer representative for the company.

The rooms at the hotel were very comfortable and clean. You did not feel as though your neighbor was right next door, thus giving you a lot of privacy. The beds and linens were very comfortable as well. It is also dog friendly, which was a plus for my son.

Hotel Monaco was definitely worth staying downtown.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and provide a lot of space.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Marianne_moisant, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Thank you for your review. Our guests and staff are very important to us so it is great to hear a connection was made! Sasha is a gem on our staff and she loves ensuring our guests have the best possible stay. Sounds like you also met the most special member of our staff, Dakota our lobby dog! She is he sweetest and loves meeting guest. We hope you have a lovely week you come back again soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2017

I live in Portland and if I ever have to stay downtown this is the hotel I stay at. The staff, ambiance, rooms, and location are excellent. The happy hour in the evenings is such a great bonus; if you see Peach Sangria being served - stand in line. It is amazing.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank F8349ZJmarkp

Thank you for your review. We love our wine hour and it is great to hear you did too! Wine options include NW wines, local beer and a specialty cocktail each evening. Noted Peach Sangria is one to repeat!

Reviewed October 11, 2017

From RJ at the front door, the incredible knowledgeable and friendly front desk people to the luxurious unique rooms and the free daily wine social, this is the place to stay in Portland. It located within walking distance to fantastic restaurants and the incredible Saturday markets.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank SkeeterCoeurdAleneID
Marianne_moisant, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

We like to think we have the most friendly staff in the city! RJ being one of them, thanks for mentioning him! Our central location makes if great for getting around the city by foot or one of our loaner bikes. We hope you come visit again soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

The staff is super friendly. The place is a pet-friendly hotel. I’m not a pet person but it was very cute and interesting. It’s close to many great restaurants and close to the bridge. It was a nice view of the water and great to go bike riding.
I wouldn't take my kids here... it's more for couples and pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

So glad you stayed with us! We agree our staff is great! We are pet friendly and even have a lobby dog if you left you loved one behind. Dakota loves giving licks! We are centrally located in the heart of the city but do not have any water views. we are just 5 blocks away from the waterfront.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Location is great as it is within walking distance to many bars, restaurants and sites. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel amenities and accommodations are great. The room we stayed in was well kept and well groomed. The privacy it offers is fantastic. My husband and I both got sick with the cold/flu symptoms and it was wonderful to have the option of closing off the bedroom door and I stayed in the sitting room area. The size of the room considering the hotel is older is an added convenience. It was quiet too. We were able to apply AAA discount so that helped reduce the hotel room pricing. And, it was well worth it! I would also like to mention that the shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bar shop are amazing :). Another plus. They were so amazing that I ordered them for my everyday use at home. I need to mention that the robes provided were so soft, comfy and snuggly. The hotel is dog-friendly too. They have dog cookie treats in front. They have a board with occupant dog name(s) posted as you enter the hotel.

Room Tip: Room #s with a # 10 I was told tend to be larger
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you choose to stay with us! So sorry to hear you got sick during your stay with us and we are pleased to hear our accommodations helped towards your recovery. We agree our bath products are amazing and after research and guest feedback Atelier Bloem was decided for our properties. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed them and are enjoying at home too!