“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #80 of 137 Hotels in Portland
San Diego, California
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Nothing special about this hotel compared to other Holiday Inn Expresses. It is on an island (Portland side) next to Washington. So, it is easy to get to Washington but at the same time the traffic getting to the island can be bad during rush hours.

The hotel is okay. The room is fine. The only give you shampoo and soap. They don't give you conditioner, body lotion, or shoe mitt.

It is close to a shopping mall (Target, Ross, etc.).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank pavee12
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland - Jantzen Beach, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear pavee12,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
Tenino, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

My fiance & I were wanting to do a low budget trip yet still gain some excellence in our stay to feel relaxed & rejuvenated by our hotel. We were able to find this in the Holiday Inn Express of Jantzen Beach Portland, Oregon! I personally work in management of hotels & hospitality for some time now which causes me to be pickier about my stays. During my stay here, I need not be picky about a single thing as all were perfect to a "T"!

I first made my reservation online which, when I called to confirm, was greeted by their night audit Bob on the phone who treated me very kindly & efficiently by answering a few simple questions with detail keeping me from needing to grill more questions up or even call again at a later date.

Upon arrival, management at the front desk was splendid in personality. She even joked with me about a slight misspelled word on their agreement you sign & we talked of our adventures in the industry. Everything about check in was simple, no hassle necessary! I can truly appreciate that as well as future guests. She even warned me of a slight hum I would hear in my room as the only available suite I booked was available next to the hotel's hot tub & pool pump closet yet I did not notice it what so ever.

The room is beautiful. I booked their jacuzzi, king bed suite which was not only clean, but all the towels were high in quantity as well as quality. You usually find yourself needing to go to the desk for more towels. The housekeeping had the room absolutely spotless! They deserve a pay raise!

Breakfast was filling & check out was saddening to leave such a wonderful place. We plan to make this hotel a regular stay for our Portland shopping visits. It is close enough to IKEA, malls, etc, to make it a short drive yet far enough off the main drag so you do not notice the noise! The bed was extremely comfortable, I want one in my own home if they'd tell me the brand & model! Everything about my stay was perfect!

Room Tip: Book the jacuzzi suites! They are worth the money, even though it's not that much! Perfect for...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JustinLosey
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed here one night on our trip to Portland. Paid under $100.00 for our room. This was a great value. The free breakfast was great they had a ton of options . We traveled with our 4 year old son and he had a great time in the heated pool. The staff was friendly and the rooms were huge and updated. I would stay here again on a future trip. The drive into downtown Portland was about ten mins.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank mjb03
LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

The hotel is nice, has everything you need including free WiFi. Only downside was that the elevator broke down, not a big deal as we were on the second floor. Nice breakfast buffet as well

1 Thank LACims
Graham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

My wife and I stayed there this weekend while playing at a nearby Bridge tournament. Excellent rooms and a superb breakfast included at a modest price. Microwave, and large refrigerator were a welcome Bonus. Instead of spending 40-50 dollars for dinner, we were able to go to the nearby Safeway, buy some great food and wine, and enjoy a low cost meal in between sessions of bridge. Very high quality room and linens. Recomended.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Foxtails
Redmond, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

We have stayed at this hotel twice. It can be difficult to find if you aren't familiar with Jantzen Beach. Nonetheless, it is only five minutes from I-5. It takes 15 minutes to get from the hotel to PDX and it is convenient to both downtown Portland and Vancouver. There are many restaurants and shops on Jantzen Beach that make the location interesting.
We have always found the front desk to be helpful. The rooms are quiet and clean. Being off the freeway has its advantages. There is no freeway noise.
We have made a reservation to return next month.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

This hotel is tucked behind some big box stores but is easy to locate. Once at the hotel you are well removed from any of the freeway noise, airport noise, and even the hustle and bustle of the nearby stores. Common areas and guest rooms were well attended to. I did not take advantage of the exercise room or pool during this trip but they look to be above average for this level of accomodation. Breakfast bar offers a great variety of continental items as well as a few of the breakfast staples like eggs, bacon, pancakes. 3-4 minute drive across the river to downtown Vancouver, WA where our event was being held. Location was perfect for our needs on this trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sanderson_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
1.5 km away
1.5 km away
Residence Inn Portland North Harbour
3.1 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland - Jantzen Beach? Share your experiences!