1,303 results
All reviews cupcakes bottle kitchen pineapple hospitality tommy bahama great location pineapple theme morrison bridge free bikes robes and slippers waterfront park self parking willamette river bottled water within walking distance saturday market light sleeper street noise
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is beautiful and the bed gave me the best night sleep I've ever had (seriously I'm buying a Serta mattress because of it), however, the thing I want to talk about were the host and hostess: Theo and RuthAnn. Theo was so accomodating when I got there and my credit card would not work due to fraud protection. Also, during the first night where it got really cold, Theo gave me the heater for the lobby and after I was snug in my bed I realized that he was probably cold! That's the Staypineapple way. I also loved the two happy hours and the food was delicious. I am so enamored with this hotel I have told everyone I know what a great hotel it was. I'm looking forward to trying the ones in Chicago and New York! Thanks so much!!!!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Lucas L, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Tanikka P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel Rose. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we love to hear that you had the best night sleep in our Naked Experience bedding! We also love to hear that Theo and Ruthann took good care of you during your visit. We love to hear our team members names in reviews and we will make sure we reward them for their wonderful service. We are happy you are enamored with our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to any of our properties in the very near future.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

The location is great. A lot of good places to eat or shop within easy walking distance. The room was clean and quiet. The staff were great, gave us great tips on things to do or places to try. Close to the river and the Saturday market. When we checked in we asked for rooms next to each other and they took care of that for us. I will definitely stay there again when in Portland.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the river are a little more expensive. Ours did not overlook the river but were nice and clean and quiet
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Lucas L, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello Susan S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel Rose. We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us and we love to hear that you took full advantage of our location to get out and enjoy the city. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay, friendly staff, and great value. Loved the european style bedding. Very clean room bedding. Great place for short stay. Location is pretty central, we walked to the pearl district and took a short uber to division for dinner at night.

Stayed: September 2018

Hello Callie R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel Rose. We are so happy you enjoyed our Naked Experience bedding during your visit. If you are interested in bringing the Naked Experience home check out our online store on our website. We love to hear that you took full advantage of our location to get out and enjoy Portland. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future for another stay.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

I can not remember the original Hotel and Restaurant the has become the Rose in Portland Oregon but the building is old and putting lipstick on a pig is all they have done.
My wife and I booked a room and were going to have a romantic dinner and night in Portland. The dinner at Toro Bravo was outstanding as usual. We went back to the Rose Hotel and went up to the room. The room was cold enough to hang meat in. We called the front desk and asked about the getting the heat to work in the room. They told us to turn the fan off so the cold air would not be circulating in the room. WTF is that, so we went down to the front desk and spoke in person with the guy at reservation desk. He told us that he could not turn on the boilers for the building. I'm in the Plumbing HVAC industry and knew what the problem was. When the Hotel was remodeled they left the old switch over heat or cool system in place so it is ether cooling or heating but not both. We asked for our money back because my wife was freezing being in the room and could not stay the night. We were credited our money back and drove back to out home in Washington State.

Room Tip: Froze our rear ends off in September, bring a jacket or Snuggie? Better yet go to a Hotel that has a working heater in the room.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Lucas L, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Hello xalantplumber,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel Rose. We are very sorry that your stay was less than expected and I would love to speak to you further about your visit. We are working on solutions to ensure our HVAC is working as efficiently as possible to ensure our guests comfort. We apologize for the issues you encountered and we hope to welcome you back for a better stay in the future and I hope to speak to you soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Rooms are small, we had a queen room. Good WiFi. Coffee maker and fridge (but was warm), had to use ice bucket to cool drinks. Check in friendly even though our room wasn't ready at 5pm ! Expensive hotel when parking is an extra 20 dollars a day. No breakfast included . Waterfront is a short walk across the road . In reality the city was awful.... so many homeless people it was worrying....didn't feel safe at times.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Lucas L, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Hello jollygilly,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of your stay at Hotel Rose. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to Portland and we appreciate you informing us of the issues you encountered at our hotel. We would love to welcome you back in the near future for a better stay.