“Personal experience at the Hotel deLuxe (Mallory)”
Review of Hotel deLuxe

Hotel deLuxe
Ranked #3 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Everything you look for in a hotel, quiet, clean, comfortable, super confortable bed and a great breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel deLuxe

Reviewed 12 November 2011

I stayed here 3 nights on a business trip and loved it. One night I dropped a Mont Blanc pen in a Mont Blanc case (the case alone is worth $70. The pen, $600) the bartender tracked down my room number and had it returned to me. Impressive.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 3 November 2011

First off let me say I love this hotel. They are amazing,unbelievable people. Andy the concierge/front desk gentleman was amazing, as well as Kenny our reservations agent. the extremely professional,friendly,wonderful service definitely started with Kenny, he was so helpful,friendly, and helped make our stay perfect. My girlfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary, I called the hotel and got Kenny, he made booking a reservation an easy enjoyment, and helped us save money by booking us with a promo rate. When we checked in the valet and bell staff were wonderful they helped with our luggage,always held the door open for my girlfriend and me, the housekeeping staff spectacular, they serviced our room quickly and amazingly. Andy was also amazing he made us reservations at an amazing Peruvian restaurant, after we had a fabulous dinner we were both happily surprised to see Happy Anniversary (Feliz Anniversario) written elegantly upon our dessert plates. Not many hotels go out of their way to make a guest feel cared for and happy in and out of the hotel itself. I will recommend to anyone reading this to definitely book a room here! They're beautifully done, and I can guarantee you won't regret it.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 2 November 2011

The Hotel Deluxe is by far one of my new favorite Hotels. The theme sets you back into Old Hollywood and followed throughout the entire hotel. Happy hour at The Driftwood Room is a must as you step back into the 50-60's decor. The food and beverages was great along with the patrons and staff. The staff was so friendly and the bed was a great pillowtop complete with a pillow menu. My 7 night stay was great and I could've stayed longer if I could.
Location was perfect. Didn't even have to take the light rail.

Room Tip: The 8th floor has oversized rooms. Views aren't high on the list, but the comfort of the room ma...
Reviewed 2 November 2011

My wife and I were impressed with the thoughtful details we found in the room, the security, the front desk, and the cleanliness of the hotel. We were only a couple of blocks from MAX, the rail service from the airport and connection to the center of Portland. We were one block from Artists Repertory Theatre where we saw William Hurt in a superb performance. And we were within walking distance of many other Portland attractions. Small things: need for a room key to use the elevators - good idea! A low, wheel-chair-height peep hole for the room door - thoughtful idea! Clear evidence of recycling effort - encouraging idea. Decent dining in the hotel. My wife generally likes B&Bs rather than hotels, but this hotel room she "loved" for its size and light.

Room Tip: We loved room 722. Not a great view but light from both sides, two comfortable queen beds, spacious...
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Loved the movie themed decor - and how it carried out throughout the lobby/halls and room. Valet and front desk staff were very welcoming and helpful and gave us a good recommendation for dinner. Very personal service and felt staff actually remembered you and cared about your experience.

Room Tip: Room 519 was lovely (corner King room at end of hall) - very elegant and spacious (although bathroom...
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This is such a beautiful property.She's stately and has elegance so not sure what the old movie things add, though I found the photos down the hallway intriguing. I've decided that when my spouse dies, I'll come and live in room 719 as the grande dame of the place. What fun to awake in that room. One last comment about interior design. We loved the idea of the mini-bar and safe in the dresser, but the style of that and the writing desk- straight out of IKEA, really was jarring since the paint colors, carpet, everything made us feel pampered, and high-end luxurious. The front desk and the dining room staff were more than attentive. Thanks.

Room Tip: The corner room we had made us feel like old movie stars, you know, the kind that wear fur-trimmed m...