US$189
EmbassySuites.com
  • Free Breakfast
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$249/night.

US$154
Country Inn
US$193
US$189
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

Dossier Hotel(Portland)
US$230
  • Restaurant
Park Lane Suites & Inn(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$152
US$208
US$198
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$221/night.

Nordic Inn and Suites(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$98
2,933 results
All reviewsdriftwood roomdriftwood barhollywood themegracie's restaurantde luxepillow menuthe pearlrooms are smallbeautiful hotelroom servicecorner roomhotel barhappy hourold schoolfront desk staffvalet parkingfew blocks
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband and I went to Portland for my birthday weekend recently (we live in Los Angeles) and had the most wonderful stay at the Hotel DeLuxe! As everyone says, the hotel decor/theme is fun, unique and charming and the amenities are great. The proximity to everything we wanted to see and do was ideal. Everything is within walking distance and if not, there is public transportation right outside the door. We were also blown away by everyone who worked here; so genuine, friendly and helpful. But what totally blew our socks off was the food and drinks at The Driftwood Room and Gracie's! When we arrived late on Friday night, we just wanted a drink and something to snack on. What we got was the best food/drink experience we had on our entire trip! Our bartender, Michael (who is AWESOME, by the way!) recommended the Gorgonzola Cheesecake. To die for. Seriously. Easily in my Top 5 things I've ever eaten. We also ordered the Sizzling Mushrooms. Ridiculously delicious. The champagne cocktails, the ambience and the service here is the best. The next morning we had an amazing breakfast at Gracie's with awesome, friendly service yet again. After the all-around amazing stay we had here, we wouldn't even consider staying at another hotel in Portland.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

very nice hotel and helpful staff. Room was not as nice as I had hoped as it was kind of small and had view of other building. Bar was nice spot for late night drink.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have now stayed at Hotel Deluxe aprox. 7 times for varying lengths of time (4 nights to 1 night). We have not had a bad experience yet!. The staff is so helpful and friendly without being cloying or making you feel like they are required to be nice. Here's what I mean. During a recent visit, we came back from dinner and I stopped at the front desk and asked if I could have an second plastic bag for the ice bucket because I needed to fashion an ice bag for my lower back. The front desk said they would take care of it. 10 minutes later, a knock on the door revealed a staff person with a few handfuls of ice in side doubled and knotted plastic bags tied up inside a dinner napkin. An icebag ready to use! Heaven forbid a guest not feel well, but guests don't have to lift a finger! It's these little touches that make this a very special haven in the city.
We have never stayed in a smaller room, so we tried it this time. We will continue to spring for the bigger corner rooms. The smaller room was decorated just at nicely with a vintage/retro/contemporary/Napoleanic flair, and actually the bathroom was bigger than the more expensive room, but one has to edge around the bed and dresser. We actually rolled the coffee cart into the bathroom to give us more walking space. It's not too bad, since we spend very little time in our room, but still......
This last visit was a three day weekend and the bar was very full on Saturday night, so that when we returned from dinner at 10:00 pm, we had to sit in the lobby with our drinks. It didn't feel weird, though since there were 5 other groups also drinking in the lobby and--- about the lobby. It is so grand that being able to drink there instead of the dim,loud packed Driftwood Lounge was a luxurious privilege.
We'd love to keep this boutique hotel a secret, but then they wouldn't be successful. Try here if you need to spend some time in the Portland, Oregon area. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We've been staying here for years and will continue to go back. It's a charming hotel with lots of quirky pleasantries. If a view is important to you, ask to stay on a higher floor or specifically inquire. We have had several different types of rooms and just stayed in a beautiful King room on the 8th floor, with a great overview of the city. Close to public transportation as well, one of the joys of staying in Portland. I have nothing but praise for this place!

Room Tip: Stay up high for better views!
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Hotel DeLuxe is gorgeous. The staff are very friendly and efficient. The bar and restaurant are classy and beautiful to look at. The rooms are beautifully decorated and appointed, the bed very comfortable (beware the oh-so tempting box of treats!). It's a very sexy place, I have to say. Even the hallways with their back-lit mirrors are deeply cool and stylish.
I haven't read any other reviews but I'm guessing that someone will have mentioned that the rooms are small - and they are. But it's an older building and a boutique hotel, so one expects that - and really, what do you need acres of empty carpet for when you can have such a lovely smaller space? My only small quibble might be that the bath tub was the smallest I've ever seen and was quite uncomfortable for a relaxing soak. Having said that though, I'd go back in a second and will recommend it to my out of town guests from now on.