Shilo Inns Portland Airport
US$343
US$327
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
US$184
US$178
Travelocity
All reviewsportland airportthree tvsfront deskcontinental breakfastfree glass of winetwo sinksrooms are hugesleeping areawet barflat screenbit datedjunior suitedining tablehot tubtwo queen bedsfollowing morningbiscuits and gravy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this Shilo Inn and were pleased with our overall experience. While the hotel has done some updating since we last stayed, our particular room had only minor décor changes such as newer bed linens and a partial update on the furniture. The tv's in the sitting area, the sleeping area, and the bathroom (yes, there's a little tv in the wc) remain a product of the 80's, so you may have your flat-screen dreams dashed upon arrival as not all of the rooms have had their electronics updated. The room was immaculately clean, and the beds were reasonably comfortable.

For breakfast, you have the choice between a standard continental-type selection, or you can head over to the onsite restaurant with vouchers you receive upon checking for a free breakfast. The vouchers entitle you to only a small subset of their breakfast menu, but one of the options is quite generous as it includes some thick-cut bacon or sausage links, eggs cooked the way you like, choice of potatoes, and some toast (I like the marbled rye).

If you're looking for an affordable stay with a great breakfast and aren't too awfully concerned with modern finishings, I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jailate
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inns Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Jailate,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Shilo Inn Suites Portland Airport with other travelers. It is sincerely a great motivation to me and our entire staff when a guest shares such a positive experience. We are continuing to work on updating our hotel and hope on your next visit you will recognize even more changes. I would also like to invite you to join our guest frequent stay program – SHILO REWARDS. It’s a great way to earn points on each stay.
Best Regards.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

...picking up my wife on a late-night arrival. The rate I found was the lowest and the room and amenities were fantastic! Junior suite: seperate living area with wet bar, refrig and micro. Table and four chairs, couch. Desk with wifi. King bed! Nice towels and free full breakfast, either in the lobby or in the restaurant. Easy parking and a straight shot into the airport. You are there in five minutes. Plus they have a shuttle. My wife had kiteboard stuff so picked her up ... easier plus one packing job.

Room Tip: If you are going to be in-and-out alot, I'd ask for something closer to the elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inns Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear dicks2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of your stay at the Shilo Inn Suites, Portland Airport. It gives us a great sense of pride to read of a guest who has recently discovered us and the great amenities we have to offer. We sincerely hope to become your hotel of choice when you need a hotel in the Portland market, or at any of our other numerous locations. We also have a great Rewards program. Thanks again for your gracious comments.

Tim Laib

Reviewed 17 March 2012

The entire hotel was definitely done in the late 80's but it was done QUALITY. Large nice rooms, high quality fixtures last and this place really shows it. It's been well cared for over the years. It was fun to just see how well high end 20 year old decor can last if somebody cares. Very good staff, comfortable. Good restaurant too.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inns Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear ZachofDash,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Shilo Inn Suites – Portland, OR Airport. Our entire staff takes great pride in our hotel and restaurant and it shows in their protection and preservation of the assets. It was nice of you to notice. We are in the process of updating our facility and hope that you will become a long term customer and friend.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

The Shilo Inn PDX is a good place to stay or attend a meeting. While somewate dated the all suite rooms are spacious. Have 3 televisions, refrigeratm. in their resteraunt. They also offer drive and fly program. I will stay here again

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ray425

Dear Ray425,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your review with other travelers on Trip advisor. I sincerely appreciated your positive comments and also assure you that we in the process of updating the property. Please stop by next time you are in town and introduce yourself. I look forward to establishing a long term relationship and want you to know we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

My wife and I had an overnight layover at PDX and stayed at the Shilo Inn Suites. The value was excellent. It was a comfortable room, decent amenities, a bar/restaurant on site (which was important because we were hungry when we arrived) and a free breakfast that we did not take advantage of. Free WiFi in the room. Conveniently located very close to the airport and a free shuttle is available.

I can't really comment on the service because we arrived fairly late and left fairly early in the morning, but all I can say is that we were pleased with this hotel and that the value was excellent. I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple