“Unfriendly”

Ranked #56 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Fairview, Oregon
“Unfriendly”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We experienced a cold environment when we walked into the hotel to visit with a family member that was staying there. Arrived with my grandchildren ages 2 & 4. Within a two hour period their father was asked to keep the children quiet, later followed by another employee accusing them of continuous noise that made them sound like a herd of elephants. As we tried to explain to him that they were not causing such noice on a continuous basis, he couldn't be bothered. He walked away telling us that this was the second time they had to come up to warn us and that they were creating a lot of noise. We were very cooperative in trying to keep the children from making too much noise. Basically, they were having fun playing. We have asked this family member not to stay here again. I will not be recommending this place to others.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank dcsix
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear dcsix,

I was deeply disappointed to read your recent review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent experience at the Shilo Inn Portland Airport. First and foremost please allow me to express my apologies for any staff member that was cold or unfriendly. I assure you that is not typical of our employees.

I am unclear what time of day or night this occurred, but if you could provide me with some additional information, I assure you I will take it up with our guest service staff. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and do hope that you will give us another opportunity.

Tim Laib, CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Atanta, GA
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We were at the end of out trip west and getting ready to fly out of Portland. We wanted a hotel close to the airport since we were flying out early the next morning. I saw the great reviews and gave it a try... we were so happy. It is a older hotel, but the room was huge. We got in early and kicked back to watch some TV and rest. Out of all the hotels we stayed in over our 12 day stay in Oregon and Washington, this one the best hotel we had for the price. The only drawback was the restaurant, we went down to get something to eat, no one was there and the prices did not seem to be a good deal, so we left. We plan on going back to Oregon and we will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Skyarrow1
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We have stayed several times, and each time we are impressed with service the Shilo People give us. The Receptionist Mike was truely outstanding (05/14/2012). Patient and very helpful. Made us feel like we were welcome. The room was impressive and very well maintained and clean. Location to the airport is outstanding. A true value. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2012

An excellent hotel in all aspects. Room is very nice and big, free shuttle (also I didn't use it), very good breakfast (with a very nice hostess), friendly front desk. It is more than I expected. The housekeeper forgot to leave any k-cup coffee in the room, but front desk had some.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Salem, OR
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Excellent room, service, amenities, and staff - top notch. Were able to negotiate a wonderful rate with Shilo's reservation service... definitely worth every penny. True what others are saying about the rather lackluster full breakfast (hashbrowns soggier than I prefer, eggs tasted kinda cheap, but for a free meal... I'll take it!!), but I got a delicious FREE mocha at the continental breakfast area on the way out the door to my conference which was just what I needed. The front desk guy remembered my boyfriend & his daughter's names, which was very nice... and said "you must be Courtney" as I came in with them later (they checked in before I could get there). Will be back any time I need to stay near the airport again!!

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room whenever available! Very nice :)
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank courtneyschmortney
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear courtneyschmortney,

We want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent experience at the Shilo Inn Suites – Portland Airport. I shared your review with our staff today and it truly motivated them to know you had enjoyed your stay and found value for the amenities you received. I appreciate your comments on the breakfast and the Chef and I will work on making improvements to the breakfast. Again, thank you so much for your comments and support of Shilo Inn Suites – Portland Airport and we look forward to your next visit.

Tim Laib
Milwaukee, wi
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Very welcome stay for a quick overnight near the airport. Airport shuttle was prompt (about 10 minutes from PDX), room was huge with a separate sleeping area and dining area. Only downfall was VERY cold pool area and water.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear cao1530,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Shilo Inn Portland Airport. I was very sorry to hear about your experience with our pool. Our engineering department checks the pool temperature daily and our standard is to keep it at 85 degrees. I sincerely apologize that the temperature seemed cold to you and I appreciate you letting us know about it, we will look into this further. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Portland.

Tim L.
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just stayed one night here, the room had 3 televisions and lots of space. Will stay here again

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear llane77,

Thank you for your recent review of the Shilo Inn Suites – Portland Airport on Tripadvisor. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the guest rooms spacious, but especially that you will be a repeat guest! Please check out our STAR REWARDS frequent stay program on your next trip.

Tim Laib