3,292 results
All reviews urban farmer the club lounge rooftop bar departure restaurant departure lounge pioneer square department store turn down service top floor concierge desk city view beautiful hotel heart of downtown corner room valet parking valet service fitness center
Reviewed December 15, 2017

Have stayed at The Nines a few time now, as a peasant trip. Hotel location is excellent for these wishing to spend time in downtown core of Portland, or in the Pearl District. Located directly across from Pioneer Courthouse Square. Restaurant on main lobby level has excellent food and the casual lobby area itself is very inviting and well appointed. Service and rooms are excellent. Hotel has a quasi-European feel and design touch. Great place for couples. Only criticism is that I believe they tend to take a little too much advantage of the supply/demand dynamic on some services - $47 per night for parking is ridiculous and don't understand why morning coffee wouldn't be complimentary (it is $4). Small annoyances in the full picture of the hotel experience, but little things do matter in this type of a property.

Room Tip: club floor access
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2017

I stayed here on a redemption night but the staff were still great in putting me in a nice room, as I had Platinum status with SPG. Had access to the concierge lounge - they do a small selection of items but these are all done well, with a good degree of personalised service. The location is fantastic, and the rooms are comfortable as well. Really like the touch of the bedroom slippers - too rare in the USA!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

Quickly I will say that I do not really ever use trip advisor, I use Yelp but apparently trip advisor is better for hotel reviews so here you go!
I have stayed at The Nines two separate times so far and have another reservation on the books for the end of the month.
I currently live in Portland, but use The Nines as a miniature staycation.
(My review will be based off my stay from last night)
Arrived at the hotel a little after 3. Headed up to the 8th floor to check in.
There was a couple folks in line ahead of us and only one concierge but, the line moved very quickly.
Check in was fast and smooth.
We were asked if we wanted a Newspaper delivered to our room in the morning complimentary.
The friend that I was with asked for The NY Times.
(It was indeed delivered in the morning).
We received club lounge access on the 12th floor, we were very excited!
Headed up to our room.
It was spacious, clean, and well decorated.
We had an inside room, with a window view of the atrium.
Two queen size beds, a sitting area with two chairs, and a day bed couch.
The bathroom was all marble, with lots of mirrors.
We had a shower stall no bath tub.
Water pressure was great and water got very hot and stayed hot!
We relaxed in the room before heading to check out club lounge.
Took us a minute to realize you have to scan your room key to access different floors. A little annoying but I understand why and I made sure I had my room key within easy access instead of the bottom of my purse.
Went into club lounge around 5:30 only planned to stay a little bit... ended up relaxing there until 7:45.
Upon arriving we were warmly greeted by Judi and James.
Judi was quick to ask us what alcoholic beverages we wanted. I opted for champagne and my friend had red wine.
They had a couple wine options as well as 6 or 7 different beers.
There was a spread of hors d’oeuvres and charcuterie/cheese platters.
I also made myself a cafe mocha, well I didn’t make it, the fancy machine they had did.
Cool machine that had a choice of over 20 different hot beverages.
We sat by the fire place and enjoyed our adult beverages. Before we even finished our glasses, Judi was there to top them off. Very attentive and on top of her game! I must have had 4 glasses of champagne. But it’s a staycation so why not treat yourself!
We were there so long the desserts came out. I can never say no to desserts.
I ate a delicious raspberry cheesecake and a chocolate hazelnut cake of some sort (both gluten free).
So dessert and champagne what’s not to love?
Judi asked us how our stay was going, if we liked our room etc. we causally mentioned that we didn’t have a coffee machine in our room and thought that was weird. She took our room number and when we arrived back in the room later on, there was a Keriq machine delivered and waiting in our room!
Around 8 we decided to settle in for the night.
Came back to the room and turn down service was complete and a chocolate left near our pillow.
Bed was super comfy.
This stay I had down pillows, last stay they were polyester fill which I was very disturbed about.
Watched some tv and I eventually passed out.
It was weird waking up, because since we had an inside room, there was no outside light shining in to naturally wake us up.
Headed back to the club lounge for breakfast (of course!)
I had some Cheerios, fruit, and a vanilla mocha.
Once we were seated,
Peter came to check on us and offered us mimosas.
We couldn’t turn them down! Very friendly and made sure we had everything we wanted.
Sadly I had to go to work so I checked out around 9:30 but my friend stayed in the room until noon (actual check out time)
Overall this was a fantastic stay.
Luxurious, amazing friendly awesome staff, and club lounge was 100% worth it.
Wish my staycation lasted longer than a day but I’ll take what I can get.
Can’t wait for my next stay at the end of December, I hope it is as great as this stay was!
And last but not least I wish we would have ate at Urban Farmer. Every time we walked past the atrium landing I kept smelling delicious meat aromas. I’m going for a burger next time!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 13, 2017

This is the perfect place to stay if you are looking to get out and see Portland. That said, there is no need to go anywhere as this is a destination in it's self. The Departure on the top of the building is one of the leading hotspots to meet others and enjoy a phenomenal view of Portland. the urban Farmer is also one of the best restaurant in the city. The staff is good but sometimes seemly overwhelmed with their duties. This is a premier property in Portland Oregon and if you are looking to go luxury then this is a perfect choice.

Room Tip: Check to see if there are any events in Pioneer Square as the view of Pioneer Square view is outstanding.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Light_Headed1
Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

Everything about the stay at the nines was top tier. I would recommend this to family and friends whenever they stay in Portland. Check in was smooth, concierge helpful and informative, the decor was elegant and well thought out. With my stay I had club level access. Upon arrival I was offered a wide variety of food, adult beverages and desserts. Judi with was extremely attentive with any need beyond an already extensive array provided.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends