2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$257
LuxuryCollectionUS$257
Agoda.comUS$257
Orbitz.comUS$257
3,603 results
All reviews urban farmer the club lounge departure restaurant departure lounge turn down service rooftop bar department store pioneer square concierge desk top floor city view beautiful hotel heart of downtown valet parking fitness center street noise happy hour
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2019

I was there on a business trip but stayed there with my spouse and two children before my conference started. At first glance this would not seem to be a kid friendly hotel but they were so good to my kids (ages 9 and 10) and we were also upgraded to a larger room that was a better size for our family. Ivan was just fantastic, and so were the various people we encountered during our three night stay. The room was on the 14th floor and had a great view of the river. Plenty of space for all of us and our luggage and I loved the decor.
All in all, a great stay. The only negatives were that one time we were gone from 8am until almost 3pm, but our room was still not made by then so we had to sit around and rest in our unmade beds until housekeeping arrived. The other negative, which the hotel probably cannot do much about, is that it is very difficult to pull up to the hotel and unload. We sat in traffic for nearly twenty minutes to go the one block to the hotel, but we basically never got to the valets. The valets were somewhat rude that day, but I will assume they were stressed out by the number of arrivals and the chaos. They were great the rest of the time.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jean-MarcJalbert, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2019

Dear Vienna_expat,
Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased to read that you were able to enjoy your time with us and that you were able ti relax in the room with your family. It is always nice to have a little extra space when the whole family comes and I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly. Thank you for providing your feedback regarding both the lack of servicing to your room and the delay on our front drive. I will share these comments with our Director of Housekeeping and will ensure that our Valet Manager's meet with the team regarding their interactions with our guests. We would never want your first impression of the hotel to be one of frustration and rudeness and I assure you, we take feedback like this very seriously. Thank you so much for sharing this review and I do hope we have the chance to welcome you again on your next trip to Portland.

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at the lines. It was especially amazing to have a plate of chocolates with the birthday wishes written on it, what a nice touch. The parking attendant Shain was really professional and expedient with the car. Overall I appreciated the entire experience. Thank you to the whole staff.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Yazen28,
What a fantastic review! I'm thrilled to read that you enjoyed your birthday stay so much and so pleased to be a part of this special occasion. I want to thank you for your mention of our Valet, Shane. He is such a hard worker and goes above and beyond to take care of our guests. I assure you, I will share your great feedback with him. Thank you for your recommendation. We can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 27, 2019

We stayed at The Nines for four nights, and I would give the concierge staff five stars for their professionalism, attitude and helpfulness. Patrick, Kristin and Pai were wonderful and helped us multiple times during our stay with tour arrangements, restaurant reservations and sightseeing tips. The valet team also was very helpful. The employees at The Nines are excellent!

However, we were disappointed with the small size of the rooms; okay for one person or for one night, but we asked and were moved to a larger room after the first night, at no additional cost, thanks to Paul. We were upgraded to the club level and enjoyed the complimentary beverages and snacks. The rooms were well appointed and relatively quiet, but we prefer larger rooms.

There are two restaurants in the hotel. We had dinner twice at Departure and would recommend it if you enjoy Asian-inspired food (some dishes were a bit too spicy for us). Be prepared, though, for a very noisy space. We had breakfast each morning at the Urban Farmer and thought the food and service were very good.

We would stay there again, but definitely ask for a large room, if one exists.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear discerningguest1951,
Thank you so much for sharing this review with our team. I am delighted to read that you had such positive interactions with our concierge team members and with Paul at the front desk. We have a fantastic team and I am so pleased to read that our guests think so too! Thank you for your comment regarding room size. As a historic property, we tried to keep as many of the existing walls as possible to maintain the structural integrity of the building. This resulted in a wide array of unique rooms in differing sizes and layouts. There is something for everyone at the Nines. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2019

For the price, I felt it was sub-standard. The decor was amazing and the staff was great. (which is the reason for the two stars). The price of our king room was $341. Our view, was facing a building... then we paid $57 to valet park, which if you need your car, it is parked blocks away, so we waited 20 minutes.. Because our room was ready an hour early, they charge $35. Then there no refrigerator because the only fridge available is stocked with booze, drinks, etc.. Because we moved a few items from the fridge to put our leftovers, we were charged for the items we touched.. $114 worth of booze, juices, etc.. That we didn't drink. I guess the fridge has a sensor.. Well it should sense that we put them all back too! This was a very expensive stay where I don't feel the amenities outweighed the fees.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jean-MarcJalbert, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Dear Tiffany,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review with our team. I am of course disappointed to read that your stay was made frustrating and did not live up to expectations. We of course strive to meet every guest need and offer the highest level of customer service to match our price point. I am concerned to read of the issues you experienced due to the minibar in the room. I have confirmed that all of the minibar items were removed from your final folio. Please know, we do offer refrigerators upon request and would be happy to have one sent to your room should we have the opportunity to welcome you again. Thank you again for your review and I do hope we have the chance to demonstrate our dedication to making your next stay wonderful.

Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

I never write reviews but Paul was so friendly and next level helpful. He went above and beyond to help make our stay the best most comfortable. The hotel is beautiful but we travel often and Paul made it extra special!! Thanks Paul!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jean-MarcJalbert, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Dear mariescot369,
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review for our team. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your time with us and I want to thank you for your specific mention of our Front Desk Agent, Paul. He truly knows how to take care of our guests and I am so pleased that he was able to assist in making your stay so memorable. Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.