“Neighborhood asset--- I like it here!”
Review of Lucca

Lucca
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #175 of 4,813 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 10, 2018

Met friends for a quick lunch here and enjoyed a fine salad, their specialty Wood Fired Beet Salad. Friends had other salads and the Italian Sub sandwich. We were all happy, and bistro prices are very reasonable, always appreciated by seniors, especially. Portions were perfect, as was the wait staff. This is a nice place for lunch! :-)

Reviewed August 5, 2018

Portland has a lot of good Italian restaurants; Lucca is one of my favorites, and I have dined here many times. I was happy to return in the first week of August 2018 and enjoy another excellent meal here. The place was quite busy, so I had to wait a few minutes for seating at the bar (it would have been a longer wait for seating at a table), but that's not too bad considering I was there on Saturday evening without a reservation.

I had the Tagliatelle pasta and my date had a largely vegetarian pasta (I can't recall the name of the latter dish). I tried both and both were good, but I preferred the Tagliatelle. The portions were adequate, but not large, so we also ordered a fennel sausage pizza. They make the pizza in front of you and bake it in a wood-fired oven, so the process is fun to see, and the pizza is excellent -- closer to authentic Italian pizza than most pizza made in the US.

The wait staff were friendly and helpful. The whole experience of dining here was casual and enjoyable. This is great food without putting on airs, which is something I appreciate.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

This is one of our go-to neighborhood places. Always great service even with our twin one year olds. Their happy hour menu is excellent and they always have terrific fish and meat options. Wood fired pizza and an Italian red always fit the bill.

Reviewed May 16, 2018

We were in town visiting our kids for Mother's Day weekend. Lucca is a local neighborhood restaurant, walking distance from their home. They had never been here but we drove past on our way in and were drawn to the curbside appeal of the restaurant. We are so thankful we gave it a try. There were four adults and 2 kids and we were all delighted with the service, atmosphere and meal. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

We has 7 people in our group eating a variety of their specialty dinners. Everyone was pleased with their order. I've eaten here twice and each time I felt that the staff was eager to get us out once we were getting close to finishing. (picking up the plates immediately, asking if we were ready for dessert too soon, moving into the table areas to grab dishes, quickly bring the check while ironically saying "no rush", etc.). In summary; popular place, great food, overanxious-to-get-the-next-people-in-service.