“Anniversary dinner”
Review of Gracie's

Gracie's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gracie's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 4,888 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SW Morrison St.
Reviewed September 29, 2015 via mobile

We went to Gracie's for our anniversary. On Monday's they offer all their bottles of wine at half price. The mushroom appetizer was amazing. I was very happy with the lamb shank, tender and full of flavor, and large portion. My husband had the flank steak, it had great flavor but it was a little tuff. We shared an espresso cheese cake. Our waiter offered excellent recommendations and was attentive.

Reviewed September 26, 2015

I love gracie's. They have consistently good food for both dinner and breakfast and an amazing environment which makes it feel really special. Their booths are super comfy and the staff is always warm and welcoming. If there for dinner, try the gorgonzola cheesecake as a starter - delicious!

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed September 21, 2015

Wonderful location for our daughters birthday celebration. Service was gracious even adding a candle to her dessert. Our meals were delicious from the delicately dressed salads to the risotto, forest mushrooms and chimichuri steaks. All exceptional!

Reviewed September 14, 2015

My wife and I went to Gracie's for brunch this last weekend. It was our first trip to this historic icon, but it definitely wont be the last!

The Hotel deLuxe was originally built in 1912 and was called the Hotel Mallory. The last major renovation was done in the late 1940's in the "Regency" style. The hotel itself has many Art Moderne' and Art Deco touches designed to emulate the glamour of the 1940's.

The dining room is small, but mirrored walls make the space seem much larger. The curved booths are a unique decor feature, and along with elegantly crafted ceilings and crystal chandeliers, give the space a sense of elegance not seen in most of minimalist and semi-industrial architecture of today.

We had a reservation (recommended because of the size) and were quickly seated. The waitstaff was attentive and professional. The offering of freshly squeezed orange juice reminded us of what oranges really taste like.

I am a big fan of corned beef hash and try to order it whenever we go to a new place, so I was very pleased to see a couple of different styles of hash on the menu. I ordered the corned beef, and my wife had the smoked salmon hash.

Our food was served with reasonable speed, particularly since a very large group was seated at the same time.

My wife's meal was very good. The smoked salmon and capers were served inside of hash browned potatoes, which was a unique way to make certain that the smoked salmon did not overwhelm the palate.

The corned beef hash was the best that I have ever had. That is really a huge statement, because I have had corned beef hash in restaurants all over the country. If you are a fan of this dish, I would highly recommend making a reservation and giving it a try. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 7, 2015

We ate breakfast at Gracie's and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. I had steel cut oatmeal and coffee with some fresh fruit, my wife had the yogurt and granola. Everything we had was excellent. Good service too. There were plenty of other breakfast options and they also offer complementary newspapers (Wall Street Journal, USA Today, local rags)