All reviews jack rabbit executive tower huge tv espresso maker great location usb ports unique hotel lobby bar business traveler heart of downtown central location happy hour self parking perfect stay room service comfortable bed excellent hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Duniway was a good choice for a weeklong business trip to Portland. Very accommodating staff and great location as well as very nice room. View from the room was excellent and the central Portland location made for easy transportation within the city.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently stayed three nights at Duniway and really enjoyed it! We were in town for Feast Portland - the hotel was a block away from the major festivities which was helpful. We really liked the room layout and furniture - the bed was super comfy! Staff were friendly and helpful. We were close to shopping and other restaurants - couldn’t have had a better location - we walked everywhere in downtown Portland from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just returned from a visit to the Duniway in Portland. We had 3 rooms between the 6 of us and all of us were comfortable and impressed. From the minute we walked in the front door--everything was taken care of. I had made our reservations months before and they were exactly as I had made them and we were checked in and heading to our rooms before we knew it. The front desk personnel were very accommodating and efficient -- thank you! Our rooms had nice views overlooking the near-by neighborhoods. The rooms were well appointed with extra seating and a HUGE flat screen TV. The bathrooms were plenty large as was the closet. The beds were very comfortable and each included 3 pillows. The elevators were fast enough and the housekeeping service was also fast and efficient. Two of the things we liked best about the Duniway was #1 -- the location and #2 -- the staff. All were friendly, smiling, efficient and enthused. Really -- they all seemed to be enthused about working at the Duniway! Every time we pulled up to the Duniway (we were visiting Portland between Amtrak trips and doing the basic sight-seeing excursions) the front valet gentlemen came running up to our Uber and as they were opening the car doors they were asking us if we had fun and how things were going. We felt like we were coming home! I'd also like to mention the Duniway's restaurant - Jackrabbit. We had breakfast there one morning and it was VERY good--a bit pricey but you got what you paid for. Also--the lobby of the Duniway is adjacent to the bar but functions more as a big, comfortable living room. When our Amtrak leaving Portland was delayed by a few hours -- we were invited to use this area and we were comfortable, safe and happy that we could stay here and not the cold waiting room of the Amtrak station. Thank you Duniway for a GREAT first stay in Portland. We'll always remember how comfortable and happy we were staying with you.

Room Tip: All rooms are located on higher floors.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Compass817778, General Manager at The Duniway Portland, a Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Well you are very welcome! It was a absolute pleasure having you while you visited our fine city. From the sound of things you will be back after such a great first stay.

Cheers,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent 4 nights there in September and enjoyed the facilities and professionalism. I go to several conferences a year going on many years so have experience to draw from, and the Duniway will be memorable for all the right reasons.

I had a charge to dispute because they quoted me conference rates for two extra days I needed to accommodate by long-distance travel. Yes, they should have avoided the over-charge to begin with but it was taken care of in a 90 second phone call. It is nice to be given the benefit of the doubt...a lost art in commerce these days, even in hospitality.

Facilities for boutique, meaning near luxury, and tasteful. All staff were amazingly service oriented, and the texting system was super convenient.

My only complaint is the awful table and chair that made computer work uncomfortable. it was a low table with a pull out stool shaped like a wedge. You couldn't type for long and the hard edge wood corners dug into your thighs if you had short pants on...ouch. Apparently, not all room had this since my colleagues described other furniture.

But in no way does lame furniture take away from a 5-star experience that was higher than it should have been for a hotel of its class. And the location is perfect with things to see in every direction...no car needed.

Definitely recommended and I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at The Duniway Portland, a Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Lorrin,

Thank you for the feedback. Glad to hear that we were able to adjust that rate back to the conference rate in a timely manner and that the overall experience was deserving of 5 lovely stars. I would like to apologize for the uncomfortable chair and desk arrangement. You are correct, most rooms are not set up with this style of desk and chair. I'll research how we can improve the desk area in the rooms that are the one offs. We appreciate the recommendation to others and hope to see you soon!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My first time staying at The Duniway and was here due to a meeting held at their sister property the Hilton that is just half a block away. I had few encounters with staff as everything in room and at the Jackrabbit restaurant was perfect. The rooms here are much larger and offer more amenities than The Hilton which is why I chose to stay here even though our group rate was available at either hotel.

I could tell that the individual staff members were empowered to make their own judgement regarding any issues (I asked for 1 extra lotion, they left me 3 of everything!) I would certainly stay here again for with business or pleasure. The hotel is convienently located in the middle of downtown Portland so getting around town was very quick and easy. I will recommend to everyone I know.

They also offer a service where you can simply text them from your cell phone and they will respond immediately to any request. Wasn’t necessary for my stay, but was great to know it was available.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Hi Carly,

Welcome to the Duniway, I'm so happy you enjoyed your first visit. I am glad that you caught on that the staff is empowered around here to do what it takes to provide an exceptional experience. Thanks for the review!

See you soon,