1,150 results
All reviews great location original restaurant the pearl marriott courtyard voodoo donuts few blocks within walking distance food carts corner room valet parking light rail saturday market stumptown coffee powell's bookstore central location public transportation would stay here again
Reviewed May 30, 2018

I will stay here whenever I visit Portland. It is conveniently located, easy to get to using public transportation, quiet, and so comfortable. Best sleep I've ever had in a hotel. The staff is professional and eager to help, the lobby is lovely, the property is safe, and the restaurant is fantastic, providing both excellent gluten-free options and excellent scotch.

Room tip: Oak Street view rooms were quiet and fun.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Erin C
Dave M, General Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Hi Erin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments from your recent visit to Portland and your stay at our hotel. Earning your support for future visits to Portland is our goal, and we are so glad to learn we accomplished our goal.

I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy one of Portland's most popular restaurants, The Original. With our exclusive lobby entrance, this adjacent restaurant is an easy and enjoyable option for our guests.

Thank you again. See you again soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

A great centrally located hotel. I have to thank Matt from the front desk who was so kind when I checked in. I had just flown in and forgotten my purse in my Uber. I was stressed and he couldn’t have been nicer helping me navigate the app (I couldn’t even think at that point). He also watched my bag while I waited outside for the thirty minutes for the driver to return with my purse and he had a room ready for me when I came back. The room was lovely and on the 16th floor room 1605 if I recall. Nice facilities and a seriously wonderful service oriented staff!! Highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Dave M, General Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Hi Olivia,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments from your recent stay with us. I am sorry for the challenges you faced with your travel to Portland and am so glad that we provided you a relaxing stay with wonderful, helpful hospitality.

I was excited to share your comments with Matt so that he could see how the level of caring service he provided helped make your stay so enjoyable.

Thank you again. We hope you will visit Portland again in the future and we can welcome you back.

Sincerely

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

The fridge was noisy and probably broken. When the only sinks and mirrors are in the bathroom with four people in a room, that is super inconvenient. Parking was outrageously priced, so we parked at an overnight lot offsite and paid about half of what the hotel wanted to charge. Nice area and walking distance to many eateries. Light over the coffee pot area was nice. Too bad the cups were paper coffee cups.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Robineggleston
Dave M, General Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Hi Robin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that the refrigerator in your room had a issue and caused noise. We have promptly replaced this unit.

Many of our guests enjoy the convenience of our valet parking service. For a fee of $42 per night, guest vehicles are parked in a secure location and brought up to the front of the hotel for easy access. As you noted, there are several self parking garages near our location for guest who prefer this as an option.

We utilize compostable, recyclable paper cups for our in room coffee service so guest can make a cup and take it to go.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back for any future trips planned for Portland.

Reviewed May 10, 2018

We just returned from our trip to Portland to attend a wedding 3 days ago. Our experience went like this: Upon checking in, the staff were friendly, stated that we were upgraded, assuming because we are Marriott Rewards members. Our room ended up being probably the smallest room they have. We went into my brother-in-law's rTre2tz123oom, also a king bed but so much more space.

We went out for the day to enjoy shopping and eating without our kids, this was our first trip away from them for 3 days. When we returned to get ready for the wedding, we discovered our keycards didn't work. Apparently, they checked us out. They would only believe me when I showed them my reservation email that we indeed were booked for 2 days.

The next day when checking out and reviewing the email bill that they sent me, the charges didn't match with my reservation prices. I again had to get this corrected.

All this was upsetting to us both, whereas I was willing the chalk it up to a very inconvenient stay, my husband took it to the next level. He expressed his displeasure with the experience to the manager. Whatever the manager felt about this exchange doesn't justify lying. I understand in my own profession that if you say you will do something and then don't, you're a liar and untrustworthy. Maybe that is a bit extreme, and I too forget to do things. They are still my responsibility. Doesn't matter what your excuse is, the point is that it didn't get done. The manager appropriately apologized again for the inconvenience, made an offer to give me additional rewards points and discount our last night. Not just that those were not done, but when I checked my rewards balance, the points I earned were taken away. I tried to call to get an explanation but after holding for 10 minutes, I hung up. This was my second time staying here and it's too bad, my first stay was ok, but after this, I'm gonna make sure my experience is known.

I love Portland restaurants, the cute food carts and fun stores to explore. However, I agree with others that the homelessness in the downtown area is pretty bad, they're everywhere. With the homeless problem it smells like urine in a lot of places. Seems like there are still a lot of cigarette smokers in Portland and cig butts litter every street corner. So, if you can deal with homeless people bugging you, the smell of urine and cigarette butts then enjoy what good things are offered in Portland and the surrounding areas.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Susan,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your candid feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your second stay with us.

Due to your disappointment, Mike, the manager you and your husband worked with, agreed to provide the last night of your stay complimentary. I am sorry that Mike did not process this credit in a timely manner, but I can assure your the credit has been applied to the credit card we have on file. In addition, at no time did we take away any Rewards Points that you have earned with your stays at Marriott Hotels. This is not possible to do at the hotel level.

The Portland hotel community is working closely with other businesses and government agencies to address the complex problem of homelessness in our city. We are sorry that this issue tainted your visit and experience in our city.

We work hard to earn the support and trust of our guests and we are sorry we let you down. Thank you again for your feedback. Please contact me directly if I can be of any future assistance.

Reviewed May 8, 2018

This location is excellent! The staff at the front desk is so accommodating and was always willing to help these tourists with local hot-spots. Our room was always clean and the room was bright and open and felt like a home away from home! I couldn't have been more pleased with my choice of choosing the Marriott and the next time I'm in Portland, this is where I will be staying!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dave M, General Manager at Courtyard Portland City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Hello Stacie,

Thank you very much. We really appreciate you sharing your wonderful comments from your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your experience and that our associates were able to direct you to many of Portland's favorites spots so close to our center of the city location.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best,