“OMG. This was worth the long walk”
Review of Bakery Bar - CLOSED

Bakery Bar
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I were up very early and decided to walk to get breakfast. Just under four miles later, we arrived at the Bakery Bar. It was worth every step. The staff, from the host, to the server, to the busser, to the counter staff, were super friendly. The menu is good-sized with lots of variety, and then there are multiple specials. It was very hard to pick - I wanted one of everything. Our server spent a lot of time with us, answering questions and making suggestions. Everything we had was amazing - pastries, coffee, and eggs. The prices were very reasonable considering the quality and the portions, which were generous. After eating a slab of banana bread with chocolate ganach, we split a veggie scramble and it was just the perfect size with all the extras (potatoes and black pepper buttermilk biscuit). The only drawback was that the pastries rotate, and rotate quickly. If you wait too long to pick, your pastry may be gone. I wish I could've eaten here again, but we will be back!

1  Thank Fetaphile

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Bacon & apple scone. Epic. Coffee also outstanding. Been here twice but wish I lived nearer.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

The food here is absolutely fantastic and the locals know it! We arrived here a little before 9am and it didn't take long for a line to form. You order your food at the counter and they deliver it to you once its ready. There is lots of indoor and outdoor seating but it fills fast. We went on a Friday morning and it was filled completely when we left at 10am. I can only imagine what its like there on the weekend.

The food we got tasted great and was hot when it arrived. The service is better than ok for the two folks they have taking care of customers but was definitely slow due to the number of people they had to serve. However that's very easy to overlook considering the excellent food and the price for what you receive. I HIGHLY recommend their breakfast burrito with chorizo. Absolutely fantastic.

1  Thank scoots0492
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Might have just had my favorite breakfast of all time. Good latte and I really like the staff and open area.
Ken's Scramble - eggs, bacon, kale, leeks and cheddar with hash browns and black pepper biscuit.
Side of sausage gravy.
The scramble was cooked just right. The eggs were still creamy not cooked to rubber. The vegetables and tender. Just the right amount of cheese to add a complex note. It was really good. The side of sausage gravy was 'just gravy'.
The breakfast sandwiches look even better.
I am from the East Coast. You guys are so lucky.

Reviewed July 17, 2010

it seems like everything these people do is great, but for me it is the egg breakfasts that stand out. Cool staff and a great atmosphere