“Exceptional food and service”
Review of Laurelhurst Market

Laurelhurst Market
Ranked #88 of 4,813 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$15 - US$75
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: At the gates of the historic Laurelhurst neighborhood and just 3 minutes from downtown, Laurelhurst Market offers a uniquely Portland steakhouse experience. Drawing off our own in-house butcher shop, our seasonal menu focuses on sustainably raised meats highlighted by several cuts not common to the traditional steakhouse. Awarded one of Bon Appetit Best New Restaurants in America in 2010, we have been at the forfront of Portland's growing dining scene. We feature a full service bar with an extensive craft cocktail menu. Our convivial atmosphere is appropriate for both special occasions and families. Outdoor seating is available when Mother Nature cooperates.
Reviewed October 1, 2016

Interesting concept: butcher shop by day, fine dining by night.
We had never been to (or even heard of) Laurelhurst Market, but my husband received a gift card from his employer and, after reading several glowing reviews, we decided to make reservations for our anniversary dinner.
My husband ordered the albacore tuna and it was amazing (yes, he gave me a bite).
I ordered the pork chop and it was perfectly cooked and plated.
The service was exceptional -- friendly, helpful, and made us feel right at home.
Expect to pay accordingly, but worth it for a special night out.

Reviewed September 30, 2016

I was in Portland to visit friends. I wanted to take them out for a steak dinner. This is their favorite places to eat. To their surprise, I managed to get reservations for a Friday night the day before.... It was everything they described, The food and service were both excellent. A must try is the Beef tartare. We also had clams and shrimp for appetizers. We all sampled a different Whiskey. My guest insisted on having a burger. I had Tuna with fresh grilled veggies and it was delish. No room for dessert. Nice laid back restaurant. Loved the décor....

Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

I went to Laurelhurst Market tonight with my family and it was easily the best meal I've had in a long time! I had the flat iron steak and the Mac and cheese and I tasted the wagyu! It was absolutely incredible. Our server's name was Mike and he was so helpful and kind! I would totally recommend this place to everyone!

Reviewed September 23, 2016 via mobile

I ate here tonight with my family and the food was excellent! The service was outstanding. I had Hanger steak for the first time and it was delicious and my family and I ate here last year. This is a good restaurant for couples or families.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

Dinner for four on a Sunday evening. Outside, great atmosphere, great service, great food! This is a cool restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating, a nice buzz to it, people around, having a good time.
This is another impressive Portland restaurant that puts out great meals. Laurelhurst also doubles as butcher shop! They have a great selection of steaks, some seafood, and a couple of other proteins.
The details - the food we had was very, very good. Delicious. Prepared by a chef's staff that knows what they are doing. Each course from the appetizers to salads to the entrees were incredibly good. We had a flank steak, flat iron, and a Teres Major, all of which were seasoned and cooked very well. Our waiter knew a lot about each cut of steak, and guided us accurately on each cut, and its specific attributes. The other staff were equally knowledgeable, engaging, friendly, genuinely concerned about our meals. Plus plus effort on their part.
Dinner here was not inexpensive. Four of us, including a very good bottle of Malbec, including appetizers and cocktails was about $320. The entrees were roughly $25 - $30 each.
Would I go back to the Laurelhurst Market? You bet. Time and time and time again.