“Parkrose's only local burger joint. ”
Review of jim dandy drive-in

jim dandy drive-in
Ranked #1,118 of 4,560 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a small diner that has been around for decades. It is mainly sandwiches and dessert and is very reasonable in price.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Parkrose had only a few restaurants and almost no casual or even fast food joints. I guess you can get a burger at Elmer's but for the hometown drive in feel JIM Dandy's is the way to go. The prices are exactly what you would expect and the burgers are no frills but co sistant and always hit the spot. Plus the staff is made up of friendly locals.

A Parkrose STAPLE for sure.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This area of Sandy is where the light meets the dark. On one side of the road you have the strip club/adult video joint called Frolics and on the other side you have the Catholic owned, The Grotto. I decided to split the difference and go to JIm Dandy's. I was thinking along the lines of breakfast but once I went inside I was feeling more like Burger and Fries so I ordered that. A double cheeseburger with an egg on top of it. It was very good. I was impressed because the place seems kind of rough edged. At the same time there was lots of historic memorabilia. What fascinated me the most was the two framed newspapers. The one paper dated back to when Great Britain declared war on Germany World War 2. The other paper declared when World War 2 ended. It was a fascinating time capsule framed on the wall and I enjoyed reading them. I was also thinking about this new model I discovered in Portland. She has a tattoo on her wrist and I was wondering if it was a good way to break the ice would be to say, "Did you get that over at the Coffee Creek Correctional Facility?" but I nixed that idea over safety concerns. I have to say that Jim Dandy's makes a good hamburger and fries and that might indicate that breakfast would be good there too. It is an interesting place to visit on Sandy Blvd.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

The traffic was bumper to bumper and Jim Dandy was a way out of it. I pulled in and went inside to wait for traffic to thin out. I ordered a large cup of coffee. Gazed at the cool items on display in a side room.

I took my coffee into the game room and played The Wild Witch on one of the Video poker Machines. It gave me several changes so I was at it a while. There was a cool black and white picture on the wall of Bogart, James dean, Marilyn Monroe, and Elvis.

This is a very cool looking place inside and out. Has a retro diner feel to it. And just is a fun place to be. Service is good here.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

i'm so glad the classic car club were all parked outside and got my attention. i've passed by jim dandy's for years now and never checked it out. a perfect double cheeseburger! i'll visit again as much as possible to make up for all the years i missed...

Reviewed 15 September 2017

The restaurant itself is historic, so is the decor and so is the food, except the shake! I had the smallest French Dip I've ever seen, a water, and a strawberry shake. The shake was great and probably one of the best I've ever had. The rest of lunch was just OK. Being that Jim Dandy was across the street from my hotel made it an easy choice and walk. I would go back for a shake.