“All the comforts of home”
other travellers have booked this property
Victorian in Winter Victorian from yard
Dining room table
Dining table
Living room, Italian Fireplace
Arch to dining room
Dining room arch to living
Living room
Rose garden
Gourmet kitchen-3 bar chairs
garden stairs
Side view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
southernN...
southern NH
“All the comforts of home”
Reviewed October 3, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

We were two couples who had two days to tour Portland on our driving exploration of the NW. This lovely home had three comfortable bedrooms- we only needed two- and two full bathrooms. The kitchen was outfitted with anything you needed as well as a gas grill and a hot tub. This was mid-stop on our driving tour so it was great to be able to eat in. The home was immaculate and although the owner lives upstairs, we never saw him after our initial arrival. We were greeted with a bottle of nice wine (and we know wine!) and a coupon that made our local shopping great fun. The yard was filled with beautiful flowers. Although this home is on the outskirts, the city proper was an easy10 minute drive. I would absolutely stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was a beautiful and comfortable home.
Liked least: Nothing!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 31, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Travelling group: Extended Family
1 Aug 2015
Thank you for the nice review. I enjoyed meeting you and your family and welcome you back again. I am glad you enjoyed the flowers and gardens as this hot year it takes a bit of water to maintain them. Enjoy your Summer.
HJHteache...
Sonoma County, CA
“Nice living quarters, busy property”
Reviewed July 28, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

We were looking for a house to rent in SW Portland that would accommodate two adult kids and ourselves for a family celebration. This property seemed to be everything we wanted; it had very comfortable features including the hot tub our son desired. Great! The house was very clean, had three nice bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a lovely kitchen in case we cooked in. The owner is kind, very responsive, and gracious.
But there were some definite moments of, "WHAT???" Firstly; though this was not mentioned in the actual "Victorian House w/Hot Tub" description, the owner and others live upstairs and are all over the property. We never felt alone. It was not clear that the upstairs of the house was a living space until I asked about the stairway up from our living room. "Oh, I live up there," was the first notice to us. And as quiet as I'm sure they tried to be, every footstep, toilet flush, and shower use was heard early in the AM for vacationers.
Secondly; the "large screen TV" is of the older ilk. It's really about 32" of old boxy style, not the flat screen one would think in this age of home rentals.
Others: The tight parking space provided for the house is right next to the road in front of the house. Our Prius was a tight fit, and was watered each morning by the sprinkler. There is a window AC in the living room, not a full house system. Bedrooms are not cooled.
I would probably recommend this property, but these disclosers need to be obvious. It is a lovely home, but it should be only right to let guests know the particulars ahead of time.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lovely living space downstairs.
Liked least: Sharing the house with the owner.
Travelling group: Extended Family
30 Jul 2015
I am sorry to read that this quest was not totally happy with their rental.The listing states that there are other rental units on the property-each has separate entrances and shares decks and the hot tub. The AC is a large window system with fans to distribute the cool air to bedrooms. We have been in a heat wave and the system gets challenged by heat over 100 degrees-that is unusual. Parking is in front of the house and during the Summer the sprinkler system works. The sprinkler at times reaches to parking,once a day, to keep the flowers alive.This owner takes all guest suggestions seriously.
vancouver
Reviewed November 28, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
28 Nov 2013
By asking for a cleaning deposit, I give my guests the option of cleaning the Victorian back to the check in state or having housekeeping do it. This is standard practice in this industry to insure a high quality of experience.
It is your choice whether to clean or not.
Tx
Reviewed October 30, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
trvlthwrl...
Orange, California
“Looks nice at first, but make sure you read the fine lines.”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 for a stay in February 2013
people found this review helpful

The owner communicated well with me since I booked the house in June. The pictures on TripAdvisor and the price caught my eye along with the many 'good' reviews on the house. I paid my "cleaning deposit." Our stay was from Saturday to Wednesday. The owner said he won't be in town the week my friends and I were coming, he said that the "instructions" will be on the kitchen table. When we arrived at the house, the upstairs light was on and we were afraid someone was already in the house. Luckily, no one was in there and the owner just forgot to turn off the lights. The instructions he left on the kitchen table were the normal things such as where our parking spot is, hot tub use is only for 20 minutes and it closes at 10pm, and how to turn on the tv, etc. On the back of the instruction sheet is HOW TO CLEAN THE HOUSE before you checkout. MEANING my friends and I wasted a good 6 hours cleaning his house as in vacuum, wash bed sheets, wash towels, wash carpets, mop, and even clean the sinks, toilets, and the showers then re-make the beds and stack the towels. My friends and I thought, OKAY we can wake up at 5am before checkout at 11am and everything will be ready. We cleaned even Tues. night so all we would do is sleep on the bed sheets and use the towels and wash what we used Wedn. morning. We met Jen and she said "yeah, the dryer is really slow." Our flight was at 1pm, so to get my deposit back we did OUR BEST and the owner decides to give me only HALF back and his reason is that 'hair on bathroom floors, not vacuum, mopped, bathroom wasn't cleaned, spill spots on carpet, and permanent stain on bedsheets." What he DOESN'T KNOW is that my friends and I were gone from 5AM to 10PM everyday for our vacation. The house was just a place to sleep and shower. We left the house spot clean as we saw it and didn't make permanent stains anywhere. What we should've done was take pictures before and after in order to get my deposit back. I did get half of my deposit back, but if I had to choose between paying Ken extra to do the cleaning for us rather than wasting good vacation time to explore Oregon one more time before our flight, I WOULD pay him an extra amount. ALSO -- THE HOUSE SMELLS. MAKE SURE YOU BRING FEBREZE BECAUSE GLADE DOESN'T HELP THE STINK GO AWAY. WE USED ALMOST HALF OF THE FEBREZE BOTTLE. We all had a nice stay, but the smell wasn't manageable and wasting vacation hours to clean. If he's just going to take the 'cleaning deposit' from us., then why bother cleaning? What if the previous renter pretended to wash the sheets and towels? That was how disgusted we were. Anyways, the owner lives on the premises.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Close to freeways and kitchen use
Liked least: Odor inside the house, having to wash the bed sheets and cleaning the house.
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway
2 Oct 2013
Please read the other reviews listed for a more accurate opinion of the Victorian. I ask my guests for a cleaning deposit so that they have the option of not cleaning on their vacation. These guests waited until the last minute to clean. First, these 6 young travelers did not do the floors, as mentioned above. There was no evidence of vacuuming with lots of long hair left on the floors and in the baths. There were food and drink spills on carpets that had to be hand spotted. Lastly, in their haste to leave, they made the beds with wet/damp sheets that had to be removed, re-dried and the beds remade. The dryer is a Maytag, but to do towels and bedding for 6 people does take more time than this group allowed. One bed sheet was left permanently stained-perhaps the reviewer did not see it. As for a smell, no one has suggested a problem before-they should have used the fan, I imagine. All suggestions are taken seriously by this owner.
Phil M
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Wonderful place to stay with a few friends while visiting Portland”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

My wife and I traveled to Portland with another couple and stayed here for a long weekend together. The house is about 10 minutes from downtown by car. It is in a very nice quiet neighborhood, great for walking or going for a morning run. The house is nicely furnished and well equipped. We had lots of room for casual breakfasts and evening relaxation after busy days touring the city.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Overall feel of the place was great for a weekend with friends
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children
24 Sep 2013
Thanks, Phil. I look forward to your return to the Lovely Victorian.
Ken
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing