“Best meal in Portland”
Review of Olympia Provisions

Olympia Provisions
Reserve with OpenTable
Olympia Provisions is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 4,479 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 2nd
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Portland has quite a few very good restaurants, but this place really shines. We were in town for a week and had a number of tasty meals and treats, but our dinner at Olympic Provisions was the best we had.

The charcuterie plate featured several different types of house-cured salami, each of which was packed with complex flavor. Each of us got a seafood small plate as an entree, an odd choice for a salumi joint. The grilled octopus was tender , but stood up perfectly to the salsa verde. The shrimp & mussel stew was very flavorful. Both came with chunks of chewy house-made chorizo that offered a perfect counterpoint to the seafood. Even without full-sized entrees, we were too full for dessert.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Went for brunch and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the corn soup special that was very flavorful and a Italian style charcuterie plate as my meal. Nice variety and very tasty meats. The rest of the group got breakfast dishes that were done very nicely. We left full and satisfied.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Fantastic place for great food. Loved the internal look, looks like a European bistro. I had a spicy chicken sandwich minus the bread, and the composition was not only appealing to look at but the flavors interesting and diverse. Spicy, creamy provolone, crispy crust, cool slaw and jalapenos for additional heat. I was wowed by the simple vinaigrette with a mustard flavoring (I don't like mustard) and was looking for more greens it was so tasty. They give you tons of chips to boot. My husband had the smoked chicken salad, again a tasty hearty mix. Not sure which I liked more. I will be back for sure the next time I am in Portland. This is a place not to miss!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Meat! Cheese! Salad with cheese! Dessert! MMMMMMMMMMM ok get my point!? This place rocks, nice to do the meat on a board thing or the Charcuterie as some of you may say. Just go and look at the menu and watch the magic happen if you sit at the counter. It's now better and nothing to hide when you can eat like that!

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Stumbled on Olympic Provisions by luck and glad we did. We visited for a late lunch and they crafted us a charcuterie of meats that simply rock in both flavor and presentation. Followed up the meat board with an excellent ham sandwich. Great atmosphere, engaging conversation from the staff and excellent food make this a great place.