Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
US$343
US$327
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
US$184
US$178
Travelocity
2,177 results
All reviewssleep numberportland airportlakeside grillgrab and gogranola barsshuttle servicepillow toppark and flylong term parkingleave your caron site restaurantfourth flooran early morning flightbreakfast buffetgreat place to stayi highly recommend this hotelbusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We picked this hotel because we have stayed in several Radisson hotels in the past which have been excellent, and expected the quality would probably be the same. Unfortunately, it really wasn't. We got an good rate through expedia, but as a couple of other reviews have suggested, I do wonder whether that then has an effect on the standard of room they issue you with. I see that there are a lot of really great reviews for this hotel, so perhaps it does just depend on the location of your room.

The room was spacious, and the fridge and microwave were useful. The bathroom was fine and quite clean, but the sink/vanity area was separate, in the bedroom. I know a lot of people actually quite like this feature, but I find it disruptive (having to wash hands in the middle of the night and waking up other people in the room and so on) and I'd rather have a sink near the toilet, I think it's more hygenic (you can wash your hands before having to touch the door handle, for example). The sink also took a really long time to drain and gurgled loudly.

The sleep number beds are a nice idea in theory - they're obviously not cheap, and I appreciate that the hotel are trying to include something like that to appeal to guests. It's just not that practical in a hotel though - you have to fiddle around trying to get the bed comfortable before you can even lay down on it, and whilst I managed to get reasonably comfortable on my side, my partner didn't (and he has back problems so this was an issue for him), plus you could constantly hear the loud mechanical sound of other guests trying to adjust their own beds in adjacent rooms as you tried to get to sleep.

Noise was definitely an issue in this hotel. Other reviews have said it was very quiet, so again I wonder if it just depends on where your room is. There is a train that passes by very close - not the hotel's fault, as it's a location issue - but this blew it's horn pretty much every hour throughout the night as it went by. When housekeeping started their rounds sometime after 8am, there was no chance of sleeping in, as you could hear them clearly in other rooms and up and down the hallway. When we got to our room there was no 'do not disturb' sign anywhere so we'd called and asked for one and were told it would be put on our door right away - it wasn't, which meant we were woken up anyway.

Sleeping in wouldn't have been such an issue if we hadn't had a wake-up call at 4.50am which we didn't ask for. It had us wide awake, and was then followed by a phone call asking us if we'd just received an accidental wake-up call! The lady apologised, and I appreciate people make mistakes, but when you're jet-lagged and travelling, being woken at 4.50am really isn't fun at all.

Location is fine if you need to be by the airport, parking is free, and the free wi-fi was decent enough. I definitely won't stay here again, though.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear Myddfai,

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay with us. We truly appreicate the wide variety of feedback and opinions from our guests!

I am pleased that you received a great rate on Expedia and In response to your inquiry we do not assign less desireable rooms to guests who book on internet sites.

In addition I apologize that the layout of our guest room did not meet your expectations and you were disturbed by an unrequested wake up call. We will be providing coaching to the employee involved to prevent this type of situation from occurring again in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

We held a small convention for 25 people at the Radisson Airport last week and we couldn't have been more pleased. Everyone raved about the hotel, the rooms and most especially the food. The Catering/Banquet/Food staff were very helpful and easy to work with. The front desk people were courteous and answered every question. I even heard from our people that the airport shuttle was one of the most responsive they had dealt with in years. Thanks all you great people at the Portland Radisson Airport Hotel.
dave

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear Dav36,

Thank you for your great feedback regarding the function you recently held at the Radisson Hotel Portland Airport! We are pleased that your event was a success and your attendees enjoyed the experience. I will certainly pass on your comments regarding the great service you received from the catering, front desk and shuttle staff to the appropriate department heads.

We know there are many venues to choose from and we truly appreciate you choosing us! Please keep us in mind for any upcoming events. We would love to work with you again.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

We have stayed at the Portland Radisson in the past when flying into Portland. . The staff has always been great and now that the rooms have been remodeled it is a great value. Probably the best part of this hotel is the outstanding dining ! The food quality and very reasonable prices are hard to beat. In fact, if we lived in the Portland area we would go there just to dine!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This Portland Airport Hotel is just perfect as far as we are concerned. We have always been welcomed with smiles and also jokes when we banter back and forth. The staff is efficient and make you feel very good while staying there. The food is great and a very attractive and comfortable lounge. The outside eating area is pleasant as long as the rain stays away. We have always had clean rooms, they smell good and whenever we ask for help it is done immediatly. We use this hotel often and when the staff will remember us when we arrive the next time if there is not a new member. Love the convenience of the shuttle and the ability to leave our car - a great help.

Room Tip: No room location preference - all are nice
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear Wally205,

Thank you so much for taking time to write about your recent experience at our hotel! I am so pleased that you always find our staff to be friendly and welcoming and the guest rooms clean and quiet.

We truly appreciate your loyalty! We consider you - and our other frequent guests - to be family and look forward to your each and every visit.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights while attending a nearby convention, June 14, 2012. We were impressed by the quiet atmosphere of the hotel and room even though the airport was blocks away. We thought this was the best hotel experience we have had. The hotel staff were friendly and efficient. We enjoyed the fresh baked cookies at the desk on our arrival. The room was clean, comfortable with a lovely view of the lake behind the hotel. The room had a microwave and an extremely quiet refrigerator. I used the free WiFi easily. There was a business center across the hall. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was hot, fresh and delicious. The staff was friendly and cheerful. I am recommending staying at the Portland Radisson to everyone. The staff even sent my thermos to me that I left behind. Thank you.
We will return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear Linda H,

Thank you so much for the kind words and for giving us the distinction of being the "best hotel experience you have ever had"! Wow!

We are very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and appreciate you recommending us to your friends and family. We know you have many choices of airport hotels in Portland and we truly appreciate your business!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.