All reviews complimentary dinner bedroom suite full kitchen free laundry separate building yogurt social hour home away from home longer stay great property pool and hot tub wake up call hotel chain an early flight park and fly the breakfast area each morning
Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

I have rarely found a hotel as on task as this one. I highly recommend it. The shuttle arrived at the airport right away to pick me up and the driver, Aniva, is friendly and professional and sets the tone for a terrific stay in a Portland. They honored my "high floor quiet room" request and I was very pleased with the small suite. It had everything you'd need when away from home (except a shower cap) and for the very small amount extra you pay for a suite instead of a regular box-shaped room, it's definitely worth it.
Joe helped me learn how to set the tv to show DVDs and was so friendly and professional, I didn't feel like I was being a bother. You can rent movies for $1 at the hotels Pantry shop as well as buy beverages and snacks. Portland was an airport layover for me so I didn't have a car so this was really great! The full size refrigerator in the suite has an ice maker if your soda isn't cold. There's a real coffee maker and a mug (not a paper cup) in the room. I drink fresh ground coffee so I was very happy to see this feature. Keurig is not environmentally sound or very fresh so high praise to properties that don't support them in my book.
Tip: there are three drapes on the windows. Sheers, blackout and a decorative panel that's not adjustable. Nice river behind the hotel but no walking path.
The room was quiet, clean and so homey feeling with lamps and art on the walls and pretty throw pillows on the couch. I could have stayed for a long time instead of just between PDX flights. The staff is amazing. I say " friendly and professional" because I like to have a relaxed and fun interaction with people but I also like them to know their job and do it well. This place has that.
There's a pool and hot tub and an outdoor BBQ and picnic area that was set up so well and so fun that my half hour turned into 2.5 hours. People were actually hanging out there and some folks were playing Cornhole on the lawn and having a great time. Clean stacks of towels, nice restroom but the hot tub may need non foaming chemicals instead of whatever they're using.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2017

Excellent stay for two night Memorial Weekend. Yes, you hear the planes...you are staying at the airport...but it's not bad at all.

We were in town for a wedding and all the accompanying activities for the holiday weekend.

Wonderful room. We had a suite with a bedroom with two double beds. Honestly, my husband and I each got an exceptional night of sleep having a double bed alone, after all the activities we had until late into the evening both Friday and Saturday nights. Very comfortable.

Our suite allowed us the comfort of entertaining. We had guests for lunch and we had plenty of seating at the kitchenette bar and "living room". It was very comfortable for the small amount of entertaining we did.

We were on the second floor on the east side. The planes are approaching the airport from that side, but they do not fly over the hotel. Really didn't notice them until I saw them out the window.

Breakfast. Our only disappointment. The scrambled eggs didn't taste right. Powdered? Waffles and fruit and pastries. Plenty of selections.

Room Tip: I would guess the rooms on the west side might be quieter, but honestly, the noise didn't effect our sleep at all.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sued1955
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

Overall a 4.5. Pretty decent breakfast selection. Very comfortable bed. 2 restaurants with a 5-10 minute walk. Amenities are fine. Compared to others around, this a bit more expensive but still ok. Front desk was accommodating and we got an early check in. 4.5.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2017

Loved it here. We had my Mom's 77th Birthday outside on the patio, it was as nice as being in my own backyard. Everyone loved it.We love the free breakfast and Monday a free dinner. The rooms are clean and have lots of room. The coffee is good in your room. I will stay here again if in this area.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 2, 2017

Nice 1 bedroom suite, near airport, free shuttle, get free parking days when you stay a night, parking lot seems well lit & secure.

Facility is well kept, clean, feels "homey" along with a complimentary breakfast, didn't eat it, only a banana, was mostly processed foods, nothing really fresh, presented well but still we prefer to avoid chemicals & gmo's and artificial sweetners & high fructose corn syrup, which was labeled on the yogurts, etc.

Will absolutely stay there/here again, but beware, the internet is "lousy" we had to use our air cards instead. We stayed on a Friday night.

Room Tip: Top floor, for us is always quietest, so floor/ceiling noises are in the lower rooms
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family