Cameo Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I was really pleased with the remodel, and the staff is great!!! The rooms have been revived. This place went from being semi dumpy, to being a nice, comfortable, and still an affordable place to stay. Our stay here was really pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Not a pleasant experience. I made a blind purchase trusting that 2 star would mean 2 star. This hotel, while trying to improve, is still NOT 2 star. I wouldn't even rate it...yet. They are remodeling it appears. However, my curtain did not even cover my window entirely. The bathroom floor is like bamboo matting. I first noticed that there was no Do Not Disturb sign to put out....which was because they apparently do not offer daily maid service. I've seen a few "clean" reviews....really? Semen stains on the office chair does NOT qualify as clean to me. When I arrived, the desk was already closed around 10:30. Took a few to get a response. The guy that came down was nice enough, but pretty intimidating in appearance. After reading reviews about tough looking guys talking about drug deals, I opted to keep my feedback to myself. No coffee maker, hair dryer or ironing board in room. I wouldn't tell people not to stay here, but it is not worth a comparable 2 star rate at all. Happy travels!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank ToeKnee_TM
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Not much to look at from the outside and you have to pass through a slightly sketchy neighborhood to get there, but...for about $60 per night I got a clean, basic room with a king size bed (they upgraded me for free!) and a bus stop a 1/2 block away by which I could hop just 1 bus to go downtown. I would stay again if I didn't absolutely want/need to be downtown.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank lifeizabanquet
cameogm, Manager at Cameo Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here. We are happy that you enjoyed our motel and that we will see you again when you are in Portland area.
Warmest wishes, The Cameo Staff

Reviewed 28 June 2011

I came here because a local told me it was a good place for the right price. The woman at the front desk was extremely helpful. She answered all my questions, and even went the extra mile to help find me a charger for my ipod. Not only is the price right, this motel offers a fast wifi connection and comcast cable! It's close to restaurants, a nice little park called "The Grotto," and a few laid back bars if you wanna unwind at the end of the day. What more do you need?

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank kid1111
cameogm, General Manager at Cameo Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property, We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We try to be helpful in any way we can to make your stay enjoyable and memorable. We hope the next time you are here in the Portland area that you will choose the Cameo Motel.
Warmest Wishes From The Cameo Staff ~

Reviewed 28 June 2011

My wife was complaining all the way to the motel about choosing the most inexpensive motel listed. She shut up as soon as we walked in to the freshly "restored" room. The down town was 10” away and easy access to and from. The management was very helpful and friendly. The unit had Wi-Fi with good signal. The motel is still a work in progress as of this review, but posed no problems. It was clean, quite small refrig, micro wave good water pressure, new quality bedding and furniture, beautifully “restored” room. It has a small restaurant on site and many food places close by can find any issues with this bargain.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank bird5713

Thank you so much for your review of our property, We are constantly striving to make our guests feel comfortable and to make our rooms ones that you will want to return to. If there are any sugestions on how to make your time here at the Cameo better we would love to here your opinions. We are blessed with the great location of our Motel and happy that it was helpful while you were here in Portland.
~ Warmest Wishes From The Cameo Staff ~