“Great Happy hour!”
Review of Cibo

Cibo
Reserve with OpenTable
Cibo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #307 of 4,868 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed January 21, 2018

We went for happy hours a few times, it was great and the prices are very good. Delicious crispy pizza, the mussels were very tasty and spaghetti was fresh and tasty as well. Service excellent.

Reviewed January 13, 2018

We had to wait, but the atmosphere is great and food is yummy. Our waitress was very friendly. Looking forward to trying happy hour next time.

Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

I was there when they opened at 5pm, hoping to get a good deal on their happy hour menu. I ordered the INSALATA MISTA and FUNGHI e SALSICCIA pizza. No HH menu items ordered.

It's a cool little place to hang out at the open bar and watch the cooks make all the food. It has a chill vibe.

My salad was super small and unexciting for $6.50

When my pizza came it was ginormous. It can easily feed two. It came on a wooden platter with scissors. Apparently, PDX can't be bothered to slice pizza for you when it's almost $18, so they give you scissors to do the work for them. It seems to be a trend. More costly the pizza, you get a side of scissors with it.

It LOOKED good as you can see by the photo. When I cut it with the scissors and then took a bite, I couldn't even hold it. It was soft, droopy, soggy, and most of the toppings just slid off. It's a sad looking Dali pizza painting. I think they overdid it on the caramelized onions and not enough fresh mushrooms. In fact, I don't recall tasting or seeing many. The one I happened to see and ate, it tasted like they used canned mushrooms (ick). This is probably one of the soggiest crusted pizza I've had.

Guys, go back to the test kitchen or Italy and improve the crust, please!

Besides the overpriced small salad and droopy soggy pizza, the service was relatively good.

1  Thank power_foot
Reviewed January 9, 2018

I had been to Cibo a few years back for happy hour but this time I was looking for a dinner spot to celebrate my birthday. To my wife's chagrin I chose Cibo at the last minute. She called the restaurant to make a reservation and figured it would be fruitless. Sure enough they were booked. However, even though they were full we mentioned your situation to Jessie @ Cibo and she was able to secure a table for us. We arrived, ordered a drink from the bar and waited for our table and the rest of our party. The bartender brought our drinks and mentioned that my drink was on the house. A very nice surprise. We got seated in a booth and proceeded to order food and drinks We ordered two pizzas, the soppressata and funghi, both excellent. We also ordered a couple salads to share and some mussels. All were well prepared and very delicious. The staff was very attentive and pleasant...we never felt rushed. If you are looking for good food at a decent price with a nice atmosphere, Cibo may be your place.

Reviewed December 17, 2017

After a bad experience at what is considered the best pie in Portland by many, we researched and found this place. Their crust is perfection and not burnt. The sauce is fresh and the toppings excellent but our only complaint, and we have had three different pizzas, is that they are not generous with either the sausage or the pepperoni which are excellent and housemade. The service is superb and the prices are reasonable. I love this place and have been there three times within a month. In the future I will order extra sausage and pay for it.

Date of visit: December 2017