“Sushi is decently good, service is not great.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sushi Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #3,183 of 4,676 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed June 28, 2015

I love sushi. LOVE sushi. I was in the mood for some sushi and we ended up here. Most of the plates were $1.00, which was great. There was sashimi of salmon and tuna available for $1.50, which still isn't bad, although the slices of fish just cover the rice. The sushi itself tasted fine, although not absolutely amazing. I found that they had an extremely small selection of sushi options going on around the belt, and instead had a lot of the same, plain stuff over and over again. I believe that they do this in order to force you to buy a whole roll of a different type of sushi. For example, at most sushi joints that have the sushi belt, they will have vegas roll slices available going around, or you can order a small plate of a vegas roll that is the same price as everything else. Here, they make you buy the entire roll ($6.50) to get 7-8 pieces, which is a bit frustrating. The vegas rolls here were good.

The service is a little confusing. They did bring out water very quickly. But when it's time to leave, no one comes to you to write up what you ate. We stood around waiting for the waitress/hostess/lady in charge to come over, and she never did, she was just talking to someone in the entry way. We then gave up standing and just walked up towards the counter to pay. She stood their talking to her friend for awhile while we jst stood there, waiting for something to happen. She finally got done with her conversation and came to the counter, and asked us how many plates of what we had, as if it were our responsibility to write it down. I've been to many, many sushi places with belts, and this is the first time that they expected us to write it up as it is the staff's job to do this. She acted annoyed that we hadn't done this, and then went over to where we sat to count everything else.

In all, I'd go back. Not for the service, but just because it was quick and easy and close to where we were at the time. I wouldn't 'find' this restaurant out to go back; if I were in the area and nothing else looked good I'd come back. If you already have a sushi place that you love, I would suggest that you stick to it.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

The service is great, and the will make you stuff to order. the train is ok and they are busy enough that you can find stuff fresh or hot.

The place is kind of dirty and some items on the train are kind of sloppy (not prepaired neatly etc).

I have had good meals here and sometimes been disapointed.

The price is right but I prefer slightly higher quality (if I have time ;)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I can only hope that no accident of fate will lead you here as it did my friend and I the other night. When we walked in, the host merely waved his arm, indicating we should sit. The revolving sushi dishes before us appeared to have been there all day. Everything was room temperature and dried out. As they were only one dollar each, we had to satisfy our curiosity and take one to look at more closely. We figured if the sushi chef made something, it would be fresh and much better. We stayed away from the raw fish, we even decided to stay away from cooked fish. We ordered an avocado roll and a cucumber roll. One bite was enough to convince us it wasn't much of an improvement on the rotating dishes before is. We left and went to an entirely different sushi place to get the taste out of our mouths.