“Tender, fresh, tasty and accomodating”
Review of Tabla - CLOSED

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Davis
Reviewed June 1, 2016

Our first time here so before my gluten-dairy- shellfish and wine averse wife could eat safely we looked on-line and read about their food. They had several good sounding options so we went. It was a nice place. SImply decorated like a comfortable bistro/cafe.
We presented our wait person with "the card " listing all the things my wife has to avoid and the kitchen made her a delicious fresh pasta with roasted chicken with a pepper crust, with fresh herbs, lemon,. asparagus and spinach. It was well cooked and the pasta was light and really tender. The pepper made it pop which is good since the creamy sauce and cheese could not be added. It tasted different but it was entirely satisfying. I had the same meal but with all the usual goodies left in and the wheat fettucine. We both loved our meal.

I had a big chianti and my wife had Monopolowa ( grain -free vodka ) and cranberry with an orange slice. Coffee was dessert this time.

Reviewed March 4, 2016

Tabla advertises on their site and in the Oregonian's Portland's March Dining Month a 3 course meal for $29 where reservations benefit the Oregon Food Bank . All 124 restaurants involved in this event offer a 3 course meal for $29. Tabla lists a total of 9 items to choose from for this meal. HOWEVER only 3 items are available for the $29. EVERYTHING ELSE has an upcharge of $3-6 per choice per plate. Unethical and we left.

Reviewed January 17, 2016

Went for Saturday night dinner. Made a reservation through Open Table and recommend that you do the same. We got there a little before 6 and the place was full by 6:30. Amongst the best pasta I have had here in Portland. I took the risk and ordered the steak which was the best steak I had outside of a 'steak house'.

Reviewed January 4, 2016

Did the fixed price menu. Plenty of food! Pasta was fresh and amazing. Main courses of duck and fish were perfection. Nice atmosphere. Lively but not too loud - had a great conversation with friends.

Reviewed December 18, 2015

This restaurant is tops. It was my second visit and definitely won't be the last even though it is an hour and a half from my home. Our party of five received great service even though the restaurant had a large party ahead of us. The food is absolutely exquisite, from the appetizer to the pasta to the entree to dessert. Their wines pair perfectly. The waiter is efficient...there when you need him to be, not there when you don't. He is knowledgable about all items on the menu and the wines and beer. Charming, delightful and a meal not to be forgotten.