“Piazza Italia, when I don't feel like cooking Italian....”
Review of Piazza Italia

Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pearl
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Piazza Italia, when I don't feel like cooking Italian....”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Piazza Italia has consistently been wonderful, and the place to go in Portland for authentic Italian cuisine. Sometimes you just don't feel the need for a fusion this, or a fusion that....you just want authentic cuisine. Piazza gives that, and gives it in spades. My last time here I had the papardelle with wild boar sauce and it was perfect. My wife had the Bucatini all' Amatriciana and as always, it was perfectly done.

• Visited February 2012

Portland
“mediocre Italian food”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We went for a friends birthday, a large 10 person group in a small restaurant so the service was handled very well but the quality of food was worse then a macaroni grill in suburbia. Sorry Piazza, everyone ordered a different entree and the consensus was below average for the quality of pre frozen foods for some of the entrees and over cooked pasta is unacceptable at a Italian restaurant. I will never go back nor will I ever recommend this restaurant to friends or colleagues.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank SWFoieGras
Newberg, Oregon
“Want to go back”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Didn't even know about this place until I read about in in Tripadvisor. Wife had an appointment in NW Portland and we were lookig for a good, not spendy lunch stop. Came up with Piazza Italia and it really impressed us. After a short wait for a table, we were seated next to the cook's domaine and got to watch them get the food out in quick order. We split a margherita pizza, salad and a pasta with decadent, meaty ragu. All washed down with a heart Italian red priced at barely above retail -- unless it was REALLY a cheapie. Tasted like a lot more than it cost! Great find, and although we don't get to Portland for lunches very often, I need to find an excuse to get back there sometime soon!

• Visited March 2011
Oregon
“Be in Italy - walk through the door...”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Authentic, noisy, sometimes chaotic, friendly, smiling great neighborhood place. Make reservations as it is crowded. Dog friendly if you eat outside on sidewalk in good weather. Also has deli if you prefer to buy your rolls, sopressata (Genoan salami), etc. to go. Decor includes posters, fountains, soccer flags and shirts, paintings, jars, wine wall, food, people. We miss Gino, the late founder, but his children labor on. Alessandro entertains when the mood strikes with his twinkle and a song in evenings and compliments to the ladies. The house wine is good but the wine list is extensive. The specials are tasty, in fact all of the food is fine. Authentic well-prepared Italian, not pseudo. This is not "fine-dining" in the sense of a refined presentation - but it is perfect for a mood to visit Italy, specifically Genoa, by walking in the door - have some wine, some good bread, find out the specials, be friendly and enjoy. It's one of our favorite happy places - we visit often.

• Visited November 2011
East Walpole, Massachusetts
“I thought I was home”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This restaurant rivals the food I've had in the North End of Boston. Casual, relaxed atmosphere. Friendly, fun staff. Go in with the right attitude and you're one of the family. It's all good!

Visited January 2012