“Not my favorite ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Willamette Week's "restaurant of the year," Mother's serves comfort food classics made from scratch, perfected in the hands of four star restaurant-trained chef Lisa Schroeder. With melt-in-your-mouth biscuits, pot roast, chicken & dumplings and a decadent, different macaroni & cheese daily, home cooking is elevated to high art for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Full Bar & happy hour too!
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

No idea what the big deal about this place the food is mediocre at best tables are very cramped together and uncomfortable sitting on those hard wooden chairs I guess it’s been there forever so it’s kind of a staple of thearea but you can do far better in the downtown area for other breakfast not to mention the huge crowds standing outside 40 minute wait for a table

Write a ReviewReviews (2,799)

Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

After seeing the great reviews on TripAdvisor we decided to try Mothers. We were able to be seated right away at about 10am on a Tuesday. The menu has a lot of great options - eggs, oatmeal, french toast - and good coffee (drip, french press or espresso drinks).
I tried the french toast because it sounded interesting in that it was coated with corn flakes. It was good, but not great - it might have been great if it had been hot instead of lukewarm. My partner had the salmon hash and loved it - it arrived piping hot. We had the french press coffee and it was delicious. Our server was unremarkable.
On our second visit we had the same server and I tried eggs and a biscuit. I loved the flavor of the biscuit, but again it would have been good if it was warm enough to melt the butter. :-(
Overall, I give the food 4 stars, but hold back one star for lukewarm (at best) food and unremarkable/perfunctory service.

Reviewed April 19, 2018

Returning after several years to find that the food and service is still good. Meat loaf was delicious.

Reviewed April 18, 2018

I never go to the same restaurant twice when on vacation. Mother's brunch was so good that my husband and I went back the following morning. The chilaquiles were perfect. The lemon poppyseed pancakes were tasty. The restaurant even has a children's play area. Perfect for couples and families.

Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

I decided to try this restaurant out for dinner since it was close to my hotel and had great reviews. The atmosphere is very classy, and the menu had a great selection and variety of options. I ended up going with the Steak Frites. This dish was fantastic. Homemade fries, steak cooked just right, and some cooked veggies on the side. It was also a good portion of food. The restaurant also has a great selection of cocktails and microbrews. I will definitely be back to this restaurant, and eventually make it for breakfast too!