“Surprisingly Good!”

Ranked #249 of 4,563 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The iconic Doug Fir is regarded as one of Portland's finest establishments that combines live music, great dining and hip style that draws local fans and visitors from around the world. The restaurant is open 7 days a week and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night food in addtion to a distinctive list of cocktails plus local and regional beers. The Lounge boasts a concert schedule of 300+ nights of live music a year.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Quirky place but good food and service. Came for Sunday brunch towards end of brunch period and it wasn't crowded. Got straight in. Good variety of food and drink. I had a chorizo hash that was spicy and tasty. Potato chunks were fresh, eggs were poached and broke over the hash with ooey goodness. Added a little hot sauce (which they had 4 to choose from) and it was excellent. Good sized plate of food accompanied by rustic sour dough bread. My dining partner and I were very pleased with the experience and look forward to going back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went here for a few drinks with friends after a Blazers game. Cool bar, friendly bartenders, good location, decent selection of drinks. Worth checking out if you're in town.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

With music, it always depends on who you are seeing. I went here once before, wasn't so impressed with the bands and that kind of rubbed off on the whole experience. Next visit was to see the absolute classic cult band The Blasters, and it was a riot. I also realized that the venue is really unique, and now I love the place. Classic Northwest vibe, it feels like you are having a gig in your own little log cabin. It's intimate, with room for just a few hundred people. I saw some comments about limited seating, but hell, this is a music club. You can find a seat or a step to perch on if you really have to, but you're there to see the music, so stand or dance! And while the worst views from the back are just fine, the best views are right up front. The crowds aren't crushing, so you have plenty of chances to move around or move up. I wasn't even trying, and before the concert was over I was already right by the stage. Great experience! Didn't eat any food, so I can't comment on that. Give it a try if you want, but definitely come for the music.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were looking forward to eating here for his birthday. We were seated very quickly, but the service was terrible. The server checked on us twice over a period of 2 hours and when she did we needed to order our drinks very quickly because they were taking forever. She blamed the bartender for being backed up. Myself working in the industry that is something you don’t do. We finally got our drinks after 15 mins of waiting and they were probably the best part of the whole experience. The cheese plate was ok but lacked on the meat. The short rib plate was poorly prepared and everything was undercooked. We also got the burger, it was fine but it is a burger. Not a good experience and sadly won’t recommend this place.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

When my friends and I meet in Portland for a weekend of fun we always stay at the Doug Fir! I don't like the large hotel chains, I love the Boutique'ish personalized feel of this place... its not huge and thats what keeps the quality where it needs to be. The restaurant has tasty food and drinks never disappoint.. great coffee spot just down the block and a short walk to shopping and other restaurants!