“Outstanding French Cuisine Prepared Before Your Eyes”
Review of Le Pigeon

Le Pigeon
Ranked #26 of 4,847 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$21 - US$100
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 8th Avenue
Transit: #12 and #20 buses.
Reviewed July 27, 2018

One of the best meals I've ever enjoyed. Service is excellent. Food is outstanding. Le Pigeon is a "don't miss it" when visiting Portland.

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

I had expectations for what I heard about this restaurant.
It is very loud inside the restaurant, you can barely hear yourself. The seating condition is not the best... Food was very disappointed to me, I wouldn’t call it a French restaurant at all... and the portions are very small for the prices. I would not come back.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

I visit Portland each summer and the trip is never complete without a dinner at Le Pigeon...Simply superb....and consistent, year after year!

Reviewed July 9, 2018

My husband and I went for dinner after having participated in a few wine tastings in the Willamette Valley. As a result, our pallets were a little shot so we came only for food and passed on drinking (although we were tempted by the wine list). The food and setting are spectacular. We loved the smaller, more intimate space and the casual vibe. We had the pistachio glazed tortellini and seared foie gras starters, the pork tenderloin and fish dish of the day (halibut) for entrees, and foie gras profiteroles dessert. We were full but not uncomfortably so and enjoyed a nice stroll around Portland to walk it off.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

Surprised at the really small size of this bistro-style eatery, something that I never encountered while living in France. So many working in close quarters to make this restaurant function seemed skin to pulling rabbits out of a hat. The ambiance was terrible with music attempting to compete with louder musical sounds from next door. This, coupled with the usual restaurant din made conversation difficult. The service was efficient even if unsmiling. The food was good but one member of our party suffered an upset stomach later. A diverse wine list with comparable prices to match. No espresso machine likely because there is no space. Reviews show Le Pigeon's success but I maintain it could be so much better in a larger venue. Mais, a chacun son gout.