Ace Hotel Portland
US$162
US$100
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Hotel deLuxe(Portland)
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$224/night.

US$170
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

US$223
US$139
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

Dossier Hotel(Portland)
US$180
Hotel Lucia(Portland)
US$152
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

US$169
US$152
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

US$179
US$174
Travelocity
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$196/night.

Nordic Inn and Suites(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$98
All reviewsstumptown coffeephoto boothclyde commonsrecord playermalin goetzthe pearlclawfoot tubpendleton blanketsprivate bathroomhipster hotelshared bathpowell's bookscool hotelcool vibeold schoolstandard roomblue star donuts
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This hotel has a cool vibe. No doubt about that. And the location is ideal. But it's far from cheap (we paid $165/night for a very basic room), not quiet (garbage/recycling trucks under the single-pane window every morning at 6:30), and has a weirdly scolding tone for a place in this price range. For example, in addition to the usual reminders about re-using towels to save water and energy, there's a plaque in the elevator that says, "If you'd taken the stairs, you'd be there already." Maybe, but for $165 a night, maybe a guilt-free elevator isn't such a luxury? In addition to the street noise, which is intense, the door to the bathroom is a hung sliding door, which offers no noise privacy, and the sink is in the middle of the room. The TV is very small and mounted on the wall in such a way that you really couldn't watch it from the bed. To me, this feels like a budget hotel at double the budget price. If the room were under $100, I'd say, "Fair enough." But for these prices, I'd expect double-glazed windows (which would save a lot more energy than guilt-tripping guests into re-using towels), and a bathroom door that offered some privacy.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in front, due to street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BilgewaterBob
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Ace has taken an old "flop house" in the Pearl District and converted it in to an affordable, up to date, minimal boutique hotel. The design concept respects the history and character of the old building while adding modern amenities. There is a restaurant on the ground floor with good food and group seating. You will enjoy this hotel is you are young, or young at heart. You will not enjoy this hotel is you are like the woman I saw with lots of jewelry and 6 suitcases trying to get herself up the elevator alone.

Room Tip: This hotel will not be for you if you want comfort rather than hip-ness, lots of flower arrangements, and poofy decor. If you appreciate clever design and a "European" attitude you will love it. Just look at the website before you reserve!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank watershadow
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The room was small, the bed felt like a futon, my laptop had a bigger screen than the TV, and the lobby appeared completely rundown especially with all the riff raff the coffee shop brought into the lobby. The front desk was extremely slow and inefficient, the only good thing about this hotel is the general proximity to everything. For the same amount of money you could stay at the Kimpton's place which I certainly will on my next trip to Portland.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Jdogg71
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My first trip to Portland would not have been complete without a visit to The Ace Hotel. I read all the reviews and had some friends share their experiences with me, it was all I expected and more! I had a room with a private bathroom and beautiful tub on the front side of the hotel. Noise was not an issue for me but I can see how some people who are more sensitive to noise might be bothered. The room was clean, cute and very comfortable as was the lobby and common areas. Overall a fantastic experience, I cant wait for my next visit. I recommend The Ace Hotel to adventurous traveler, you will love it!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The hotel is definitely not your typical hotel, which is what my boyfriend and I were looking for. But at the same time it is over priced for the tiny rooms and bathrooms...or should I even call them bathrooms? The shower was in the middle of the room and the actual toilet in a separate "water closet" type thing. I wasn't a big fan of that because I would like some privacy when I am using the toilet and occasionally also when I'm in the shower!! I loved that there was a coffee shop and a lounge/bar right next door but I was slightly disappointed by the Ace overall. I think the cleanliness is what bothered me the most.... There were definitely some "questionable" stains on the large green pillow that kind of acted as a headboard. We weren't too big of fans of that and removed the oversized pillow immediately!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple