“Excellent option for Thai food near Old Town”
Review of E-San Thai Cuisine

E-San Thai Cuisine
Ranked #169 of 4,813 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Cuisines: Thai
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Old Town - Chinatown
Description: Fresh and Healthy Food Served Daily Since 1999 We are a family-run business who pride ourselves in serving fresh and healthy food daily using ingredients from local markets in Oregon. Even with multiple locations (plus, 7 food carts across the greater Portland area and Vancouver), E-San Thai Cuisine is still family owned and operated.
Reviewed August 12, 2017

My wife and I have wanted to try E-San Thai for quite a while, but they open at noon on Saturday, and we usually seek out lunch around 11 a.m. But the opportunity finally came up, so we stopped by for lunch during one of our trips into downtown Portland.

E-San Thai is located across SW 2nd Avenue from Pine Street Market. The restaurant has a main dining floor and a mezzanine. We were seated immediately and provided with menus. I had a bad rendition of pad see ew not too long prior, so I opted to order that--medium spicy. My wife ordered the pad prik khing with chicken.

Both of our orders arrived after a reasonable wait, ripping hot obviously right off of the stove, which makes an excellent first-impression. That "breath of the wok" as in Chinese cuisine is a fleeting element and is unmistakeable when present, stirring the senses and excitement.

My pad see ew was perfect, with the rice noodles tender but not mushy--a delicate balance that defines how competent the cooks are. My wife liked her selection a lot.

An excellent choice, but if only they would open an hour earlier!

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Excellent food, pleasant service, stark ambiance. Looking for Thai, this is a fine place. Nothing special!

Reviewed July 29, 2017

Took a group of 11 folks here for dinner. It didnt disappoint. We had about 9 apps, 11 entree's and copious amounts of Beer Chang. Our bill was only $270....super good value for big entree portions IMO. If I am ever craving Thai food again in Portland, would no doubt return.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Curry was delicious, pad Thai was also tasty! 2 adults and a 5yr old split the two entrees and no one went hungry! Great location in downtown and salt and straw's new soft serve place (wiz bang bar) is across the street!

Reviewed June 26, 2017

as many people said, i used to try Thai food taste as my hometown is near to Thailand, when visited the Thai restaurant in US, the taste is really make me disappointing. (You understand my feeling)
Anyhow, my Europe friend said the taste is good.
Definitely, when you are in US and still want to try Thai food, this is one of the choice.