Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland North
US$343
US$327
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
US$184
US$178
Hotwire.com
All reviewsparking lot sidewhite noise machineexpo centermarine drivefresh fruitfree wifilight sleeperfollowing morningnice propertyfront desk personvery nice staystaff was very friendly and helpfulstayed one nighteasy accessthe breakfast areacomfortable roomconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We were in the process of checking in when the clerk told us about not leaving any valuables in our car, when I asked if they had problems she said that the previous night a window was smashed in a car and items were stolen. When I asked her if this was the first time she said no, it happens frequently because there are a lot of homeless people sleeping under the bridge in the area. Needless to say, I cancelled my reservation and looked for another place to stay.I asked if they had considered night security and she said no but that they need to,she said they get homeless people wandering into the motel all the time.She also told me we weren't the only ones to cancel our reservation that day.As we drove away I noticed 3 grocery carts with the possessions of homeless people about a block from the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't park your car here.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank travelingman111
FFISGenManager, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your previous reservation with us.

Guest safety is extremely important to us and I wanted to let you know that despite the misinformation you received, we had been looking into ways to deter future break-ins prior to your near stay. In the meantime, we choose to educate our guests on the importance of properly stowing valuables left in vehicles to possibly avoid these unfortunate circumstances in the future. The Portland Metro area has over 2 million people and I would classify these occurrences more as a crime of opportunity than 'normal' for our property.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

The Marriott Fairfield Inn is conveniently located off I-5 at Exit 307. The property is very clean and the staff is friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and fully supplied with extra towels, etc. The only negative about this property is that it is situated directly facing I-5, and the west side of the property faces an uphill on ramp to the I-5 north freeway. Consequently, entering the freeway from the uphill on ramp requires heavy acceleration, so the road and engine noise is fairly noticeable (particularly the diesel rigs). My advice: ask for a room on the east side of the property, away from the busy freeway and on ramp. The complimentary breakfast was your standard continental breakfast fare: fresh bagels and muffins, cereal, waffles, some fruit, fresh coffee and juice--the typical breakfast fare for Fairfield Inn. This property is also very convenient to Portland International Airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side of the property facing the parking lot. These rooms are the quietest. The west side of the property directly faces the I-5 freeway and on ramp.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our property from your past stay.

We appreciate the feedback we receive and the opportunity to improve on our services and amenities. We hope you enjoyed your stay and will choose Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland North Harbour on your next visit to the Portland area.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

An excellent hotel but.......avoid rooms on the south/city side of the building as otherwise you will feel you are riding shotgun for every 18 wheeler on Interstate 5 that passes 150 feet from your bedroom window and there are 100s every hour day and night.The air-con unit, which almost touched my bed, has 2 settings full on or full off.No possibility of just having the fan running to try and cover the truck noise at night.The proximity of the light rail allows easy access to the city but......if you go on foot to the station(easy 10mins walk under the Interstate) you have to cross a 8 lane highway on a pedestrian crossing and some 18 wheeler drivers are so intent of beating the red lights that you may end up as hood ornament!Be nimble and observant or deceased!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank bristol411
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I am staying in the hotel right now. Everything is ideal except the Internet connection is very unstable and the location is a bit squirrelly. Other than that, it's all good. The hottub is actually hot! Most hotels, the hottubs are barely warm.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Troy_Boy_C
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Great hotel, very friendly and helpful staff. The shuttle driver is great!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business