“A good deal in Portland”

Ramada Portland Airport
Ranked #112 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Silverton, Oregon
“A good deal in Portland”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here the night before we flew to Miami. We utilized the Park and Fly which allows you to park your car for up to 2 weeks with the purchase of one nights stay, The cost about $90 a bargain compared to long term airport parking. The hotel is showing it's age but the rooms are large and clean . Check in is easy and the shuttle to and from operates often.The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom fairly large. The pool appeared very nice and the gym seemed to have quit a few machines. All in all a very good value for a decent room and 2 weeks parking . We will certainly return again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frankie2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 24 October 2011

The people at the front desk and the restaurant were very friendly and helpful. Complinmentary computer use in the lobby too. Our room was dated look like it was from the 70's but was clean and dustfree and that means a lot. Nice size bathroom. Great for a short stay on a budget.

There was one thing that did bothered me was a strong smell probably some kind of disinfected in the lobby, hallway and room. Being in the building for about 10 minutes you adjust and no longer smell it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Oregon
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This hotel was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. First off, the room was dirty, with dust all over. Second when I turned the water on, it was brown....and not just a slight discoloration, it was brown and for a good 5 minutes. I found bugs in my bathroom, the heater did not work, and the sheets were stained. Room was dank, and smelled like it had not been cleaned in months. Service was lousy, and food orders were messed up in the lounge. I actually saw another hotel guest bring up a bed bug to the front desk, and they acted like it was no big deal. I will never recomend, nor stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Outlets have covers missing, the ceilings are pealing, the place is old and outdated. The owners do...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank justin j
Bend, Or and beyond
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I stay at Portland-area hotels about 100 nights per year and unfortunately one of those nights was at this establishment which is a disgrace to the Ramada brand. Filthy, musty smelling rooms with thin walls, noisy fans, stinky carpets and mold all over. I would avoid this place at all costs. Many of the previous glowing reviews are obviously planted by management, co-workers and their families. The negative reviews I find trustworthy and accurate.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank bikesales
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2011

So when the good folks at the airport had to bump my flight to the next morning, it was this gem that they chose to put me up for the night. I can see why they'd have a special arrangement with this place as no one in their right mind would actually choose to come here. This hotel was ancient! I walked in to find a classic late 1980s TV and what appeared to be a comfy bed. I say appeared because I was up every hour trying to sleep on the bumpy thing. In the morning after my wonderful 1 hour sleep I took a shower. What a wonderful feeling to have the water temperature fluctuate from hot to cold over and over again without me touching a thing!

One more thing. The Oregon air seems a bit dry so naturally I was quite parched. Throughout the night I went to the bathroom and quickly drank several glasses of water. When I woke up with a bit of belly ache I was not surprised to discover that when I ran the tap (out of which I got my previous glasses of water) out came lovely dark brown water.

What a gem!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I'm in this dump as I type this. Here is an itimize list of treats we have found.
1. Mold in the bathroom.
2. Filthy chairs and furniture.
3. Metal staples poking out of the end of the beds.
4. Filthy air filters and non-working.
5. Dirty sock stuffed in the bottom of a bed from a previous guest.
6. Fruit flies in the restaurant.

Can't wait to fly out tomorrow.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ODuck
Gresham, or
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Went to Portland to visit friends and had a great time at the hotel. The pool area was nice and they even had a restaurant and lounge. I had fridge and microwave in my room which was super convenient to keep the goodies I bought at the farmer's market. The bed was comfy and I had free wi-fi and a flat screen tv. The staff was real accommodating and helped me with directions all over town. The whole experience made for an awesome weekend!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends