Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mendozje

Good location!!

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 21, 2013via mobile
Checking in was smooth, did not wait long at all before I was helped.. Staff was friendly!!
I booked a king balcony, the room was big, too big for two peaple, i think. I would have settled for a queen but king was the only room that offered a balcony. As far as the balcony, it was small and the view was ok, I don't think it was worth the extra $10.. Knowing it did not have a microwave or a fridge, I went ahead and booked a night because of the location, we were celebrating our 9th year Anniversary and the restaurant and shops were close by. Things you take for granted, not having a microwave or fridge really sucked because we had a lot of food left over from dinner and we had to throw it away. As far as the room goes, I thought it was a bit dated, from the wall paper, doors, carpet, old painting on one wall and modern on the other. Except for the granite countertops and furnitures I thought it was mixed match. Oh and one of the light switch on the bathroom was falling apart. I just expected better I guess, with the name Hilton attached to it. In my opinion the hotel needs revamping!
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
3.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded May 24, 2013
Thanks for your recent stay and taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you liked the location, but do apoloogize we did not meet your expectations in all areas. Should you choose to give us another try and I hope you do, please ask about having a small fridge and microwave delivered to the room. We have dozens on hand and we gladly place them in guest rooms upon request for no additional charge. Also thanks for the pictures. I am sorry we missed the light switch. Please email me at tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com if you have a moment to let me know what room you were staying in and I will verify we have fixed it. Again I apologize and do sincerely thank you for your business. Happy Belated Anniversary!

Kind regards,
9.8 km from DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Free parking
View more hotels in Portland
2,551 results
All reviews light rail a hilton honors member parking garage moda center public transportation convenient location front desk staff downtown area convention balconies refrigerator convenience valet
Selected filters
Reviewed May 21, 2013

It was a very nice place. Everyone I dealt with, front desk, wait staff, concierge and convention service staff were all cordial and helpful at all times. The entire public space was clean and in good shape, no worn carpet or walls needing paint. Great location for peace and quiet yet close to the Lloyd Center mall, across the street as well as a nice park and a Metro stop on the corner, very convenient.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

JimmyP,

Thank you for your recent stay and positve review on TripAdvisor about the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland. I am glad you had a quiet and peaceful stay. Thanks for sharing some details about our location and for your great comments about the service you received from our staff. I am glad they served you well.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay.

Kind regards,

DoubleTree by Hilton Portland

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I love staying at the Double Tree because you can ask the front desk for cookies any time. The staff cheerfully will them to you. The Hotel is right off the red MAX line, adjacent to Lloyd Center Mall/Ice Skating and was awesome for getting around downtown.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your recent stay and great review. I am so glad you had a positive experiance with us. I often walk by the desk and ask for a cookie myself, they are delicious. Thanks for sharing some details about our location as well. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for your business and we hope to have you stay with us again soon. We will keep the cookies warm for you.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel was first-rate, easy at both check in and departure, and had a very good coffee bar and restaurant. The MAX rail, only a few steps away, made getting from the airport and to the downtown area very easy -- and pleasant.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent stay and taking the time to let us know about it on TripAdvisor. I am grateful you had such a nice visit. The MAX light rail is super convenient to get to and from the airport and downtown. I am so glad you took advantage of it. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and we hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Kind Regards-

Reviewed May 16, 2013

its location is right by Tri max train, Lloyed centre mall near by.. amazing park view, big balcony, good service, good price.. My boy friend who told me next morning, it was the best sleep he has never had since a baby.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and your great review. I am glad you enjoyed the property, our location and that you and your boyfriend slept so well. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and we look forward to having you stay with again very soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights and think it was a great value with parking next door, breakfast for two and Wi Fi.
The room is large with a king bed, a sleeper couch, a stuffed armchair and ottoman, a work desk and chair. The alcove with the coffee maker (mugs not foam cups) does NOT include a refrigerator but has a hair dryer. The closet has those obnoxious hangers with the small hooks (as if people will steal the whole lot).
The bathroom is standard issue Double Tree with standard toiletries, a tub and shower.
When we entered our room after check in there were two bottles of water. Nice. But these were not replaced at all. The breakfast in the Multnomah Room is standard buffet but we were given vouchers for Continental Breakfast (cold stuff at either end of the buffet: bagels, muffins, breads etc. with yogurt at the other end.) Or, we could use the vouchers to apply $7.50 towards the cost of hot stuff such as eggs, bacon, etc. The continental breakfast was just fine. The wait staff, including Nancy and Colette, were very pleasant and helpful.
Bottom line: While the venue is not a real 4-star hotel like the Silver Cloud Inn in Seattle (separate review) it was a great value at $140 per night all inclusive in the Lloyd Center area.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tatliturk
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

tatliturk,
Thank you for your recent stay and very positive review. I appreciate you investing the time to share your experience and am especially delighted to hear from you as a Trip Advisor Top Contributer. I appreciate the specific details about your experience and the positive comments about the service you received from our restaurant staff. I look forward to sharing your nice words with Nancy and Collette. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your business. We hope to have you stay with us again sometime soon.
Best wishes,