All reviews nespresso machine happy hour in the evening complimentary coffee in the lobby pillow menu front desk great toiletries facility fee food truck great hotel free beer downtown restaurants large bathroom corner king room hotel provided both mornings public parking per night
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for two nights before a hiking trip and the hotel was amazing. Staff were helpful and polite, the location was perfectly central and THE BED. It was like sleeping on a cloud. Couldn’t recommend more.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paula W
ZachM1038, General Manager at Dossier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Paula W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us before you headed into the wilderness. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your time in Portland. Happy hiking!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a higher end hotel, keenly situated in downtown Portland Oregon. I was disappointed with my stay. Although the room comfort and décor are exceptional, the bathroom sink water pressure was very, very weak. The central air had issues as well, I mad multiple attempts to set my room temperature during the night, and I was not able to set the room temp to a comfortable setting. Moreover, I kept getting a cold blast of air during the night. I am not sure why the wall mounted temperature control in my room did not work properly.
This hotel is overly rated, and certainly feel that I was not getting a good value for the cost of this accommodation for the night. Very disappointed, I had a hard time shaving in the morning and brushing my teeth, with just a trickle of water pressure from the bathroom sink water facet! Very disappointed. The room was comfortable, but overly priced. I attempted to use a pre-paid credit card upon checking in, and my card was no accepted (for whatever reason), even though I have a DoD ID card.
Overall, I was disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask if room's central air temperature setting works, and if there is normal water pressure from the bathroom sink facet?
Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Joseph M

Dear Joseph M,

I am very sorry to hear your experience. Generally, water pressure is not feedback we receive, so I suspect it may be something our engineers need to look into for your room specifically. I would love more information on your stay so that I can correct this for future guests. My email is zach.miller@dossierhotel.com.

I am also sorry about your card issues, our system does not accept pre-paid cards upon check in. You can always use one at check out to pay your balance. I am sorry if this was not communicated to you, and I will work with our team to correct this issue.

In the end, I hope you can give us another chance to show you what and amazing stay can be had here, as so many others have found. If that is not the case, I thank you for your feedback and will work towards correcting these issues for our future guests.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

We stayed last night at the Dossier. We were at an excellent resort doing wine tasting with four other couples and decided to stay in Portland one extra night so we could see good friends who recently moved to Portland. The resort mentioned this hotel. It cost $485 for one night so we expected the same impeccable service we had the previous four nights. Where to start: the hotel is dated, the staff was not attentive (didn't offer to help with bags), the room had two double beds instead of king bed, there was the strong smell of pot on our floor, view was of air-conditioning unit from other building, carpets were stained. It just seemed like a $200 per night room -- at best. Even then I think they could have done a better job of training staff.

Room Tip: Not sure. We had a horrible room.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DirkM1160
ZachM1038, General Manager at Dossier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Dear DirkM1160,

I am so very sorry to hear that this was the feeling that our property left you with. We try very hard to ensure that every guest of ours is taken care of and given a superior service experience, that we failed in this for you is regrettable. I sincerely, hope that you can give us another chance to show you the amazing experience that can be had here, but if that is not possible I do understand. We will work to ensure your experience doesn't happen again.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

Was happy with my 4 night stay at this hotel. The staff were pleasant and friendly. The hotel felt safe and while there are lots of homeless people throughout this area I walked to the nearby sights and did not have any bad experiences. Loved my room on the 6th floor yet did hear some street noise and noise from an adjacent room which didn't spoil my experience as overall the hotel itself was quiet and comfortable. The beds and pillows were wonderful, there was an expresso machine that worked once but wouldn't work again which was OK because they serve coffee in the lobby each morning. The Happy Hour in the lobby at 5:30pm was a little disappointing as I was interested in tasting the Kombucha but only received small samples both nights I attended so went to Whole Foods nearby and bought my own. Overall I loved staying at this hotel while enjoying the lovely spa tub and rain type shower and lovely toiletries provided in the large bathroom. This hotel is quite expensive so I'll continue to watch for online specials so I can have another great visit soon.

Stayed: September 2018

Dear DeeDeeCalifornia,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the city so much. Next time, just ask the manager pouring for the social hour (myself if it's a Thursday) for a bigger glass of either of the 'buchas we have on tap and we will be happy to do so. Also, the 'buchas are unlimited even in the small glass.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

The Dossier is a beautiful boutique hotel, if you can call something with 19 floors a boutique hotel. The room is beautiful and well decorated. The bed is ridiculously comfortable and the sheets and towels are top notch.

The hotel staff including Rose, Joe, and Andy were as friendly as they can be, and if you like Kombucha or Craft Beer they have a 5pm tasting a friendly host.

I would suggest one thing, bring your own toilet paper and Kleenex because the stuff you get at the Dossier feels like the stuff you buy at the dollar store. It's paper thin and should be used with caution. I'm assuming it's environmentally friendly, which would fit for Portland.

The toilet paper and Kleenex aside, it's a great hotel. It's not inexpensive, but it's perfectly situated downtown and the restaurants and food close by is phenomenal. If it's downtown Portland you want, and if your budget isn't too tight, the Dossier is a great choice!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Bryndon P,

I am very happy that you found us and even more happy to hear that Rose, Joe and Andy took such good care of you, they are an important part of our team. I am glad that you enjoyed the room and linens, and to answer the question the toiletries are environmentally safe, however we certainly don't want that to impede upon your visit. Let us know next time and we will stock you whatever brand of each you prefer in your room.