“The onion rings and the fruit pies!”
Review of Beckie's Cafe

Beckie's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Prospect
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 2p on Saturday in October, and had a 20 min wait. Very small and close quarters inside. Tables and chairs are mostly hand-hewn. We had burger (good), onion rings (great!), BLT (very good), and fries (really bad). But the star was the Huckleberry Pie. If nothing else, stop for a snack of onion rings and pie!

Reviewed October 14, 2017

We finally stopped for lunch after many years wondering about this place. We were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed a good BLT and tasty shrimp. The service was solid and my draft beer was good. Of course, our huckleberry and pecan pies were excellent. The noise din was quite loud. All and all a pleasurable place for a meal break.

Reviewed October 14, 2017

I ordered the roast beef sandwich with the waitress said she gets when she can so thought it would be good. We were looking forward to a great meal. My husband ordered the Philly cheese steak. I thought it tasted not quite right, but we were hungrey when we got there and then had to wait close to 30 minutes and we were there after 2:00 p.m. Well my husband got sick less than an hour after we left, I wasn't feeling the best but didn't get sick. It was like they added lots of preservatives to it so it would be tender - thought can't say for certain why it just didn't taste right. Wish I would has sent it back right away. Also got the blueberry pie - which we got to get rid of the beef taste - and it was just o.k. I think they had lots of gelatin in it since it was very firm. The pie with a small scoop of ice cream was $7 and the sandwiches were $12 and $14. EAT ELSEWHERE!!! We were so, so very disappointed. Normally when we stop at a place like this it is excellent. And we had to wait over 10 minutes to get waited on. We were at the first table and the front door was constantly opening and closing so the cold wind was coming right at us. The waitress never came back to ask how our food was. We didn't see her until she came back to ask about dessert. The restaurant was full but we should have seen her at least quickly after the food was served, I think.

1  Thank Esther S
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

We ended up eating breakfast and dinner here the day we went to Crater Lake. Great food, the cinnamon roll was gigantic and the best I’ve ever had! The staff were friendly and the other food we had was good too. Definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Beckie's was recommended to us by several locals in Medford. It was a great stop for a late lunch after hiking at nearby Crater Lake. The following food items ordered by my party were excellent: French dip, cheeseburger, onion rings and split pea soup. Of special note was the huckleberry pie! It was delicious. You can't really get homemade huckleberry pie outside of the northwest. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.