All reviewssnack shackjet ski rentalssandcreekstove
Reviewed August 31, 2014

I have a few friends that live in Coos Bay, not far from this campsite, so when our friends suggested we (visiting from So Cal) go camping in Oregon, we were stoked! Lake activities while camping in the beautiful nature, that is Oregon? Heck yeah! We had a group of 10 rent a couple of campsites to fit our tents. The campgrounds were comfortable and had everything we needed. This lodge is cool because it’s close to the lake. At the lake, we enjoyed jet skiing, kayaking, and some of us went paddle boarding and kneeboarding. They have so many different kinds of rentals that you can find something fun to do no matter what your interest. We ended our afternoons with our usual volleyball tournaments at the sand court lakeside. I’m addicted to my phone, and appreciated that they had wifi. Friends had commented how easy it was to sign up online, and that’s great because I know a lot of these places have nice websites but don’t have the option to reserve online. Thanks Matt and Jenn for the invite to spend the weekend with you guys. I speak for all when I say Everyone in the group had a blast!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank robpeterson423
pcroce, Guest Relations Manager at Loon Lake Lodge & RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2015

Thank you for your favorable review. We appreciate hearing when our guest have a great camping experience.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

My family and I camp quite frequently at different places sharing new experiencesm I have never paid 30 a night for a dirt campsite with absolutely terrible service and unfriendly people. My daughter was told to shut up because she ordered ice cream to fast. We were chastised for having more than 4 people in a site that is $30 per night. I would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank wrd97402

We apologize for any unfriendly service shown by any of our staff. Because of the water shortage in the area we are doing our best to conserve and strictly adhering to the occupancy rates as stated on our website.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Here is a post I should have done a few months ago...
We love staying close to the lake. This was a perfect lodge to stay in as we were able to enjoy the serene surroundings and be close to a pretty lake where we were do so many things. We rented a pontoon boat one of the days and enjoyed going around the lake. I was surprised how large it was. My son in law is the athletic type so he joined another rented boat and went out water skiing, too difficult for my grandchildren. But they did like being out on the water and my husband and I enjoyed watching them from the dock with my daughter and son in law on jet skiis. We brought with us a few fishing poles and the kids were able to catch little perch. We stayed in one of their larger cabins and they did not disappoint. The cabin was surprisingly larger than expected and they had everything in the cabin to make it feel like “home.” After days spent outside and at the lake, it was a good feeling to come back to the cabin to relax and enjoy our evenings together as a family. When we were in our cabin, we could hardly hear anything else going on outside. The entire resort was peaceful and everyone respected each other. Terri and every resort staff we met were so helpful and wanted to ensure we had a comfortable stay. Thank you for the wonderful experience!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Juliette J

Thank you for your review, We hope that you and your family come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Just got back from our trip there. The staff was extremely rude! Renting boats and paddle boards seemed like a hassle to.the staff. They did not want to help people. Our campsite was not labeled so no one could find it. Half of our party left cause they could not find us and there was no service. You have to wear wrist bands the whole time. It was just a horrible trip over all. We will not be coming back.

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank piersonracing

We are sorry that your camping experience did not meet your expectations. We are asking our guests to wear wristbands because of the closure at the nearby BLM campsite due to their lack of potable water. It is necessary to conserve water and the wrist bands help us to identify when people are using our facilities even though they are not paying for services. We take our guest services seriously and your concerns were reviewed with our staff.

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a big family camping trip... All tent campers. We stayed in Roadside Group Site (supposedly "highly desirable, great for families") but it is literally right on the highway (as is the other group site, but it's up the cliff vs. down). We had small children and we couldn't relax the entire time. Also much smaller than we were told, we had to be very creative to fit tents.

They are obviously in high competition with the BLM state park down the street as they made it clear (in the 30 minute introduction) that we ALL (infants included) had to wear wristbands and have secret codes for the bathrooms so to keep intruders out.

The beach area is ridiculous. Maybe 75 ft long, packed during the day. Thank goodness we had a boat and accessed the beach area on the BLM State campground across the lake. It's a mile before you enter the 'resort' and only $5 to drive in for the day-- do it!! Was the best money spent to salvage this trip.

It may be better of you own an RV, they were closer to the water and showers but still crammed into a gravel parking lot- not our thing. Don't be deceived. This picturesque paradise is a trailer park disguised by a nice Lodge area and a few nice Jet Skis you can rent off a tiny, old dock.

Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Katy D

We are sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at our property. Because the BLM is closed during the week and conserving water when it is open, we have asked our guests to wear wrist bands so we can identify those who are using water (showers and laundry), although they are not our guests. When the BLM campground returns to full service, we will no longer ask our guests to wear wristbands. Although our beach is small, for our guests convenience, we do rent many types of watercraft for fun on the water.