“Very cute and comfortable suite, friendly hostess, very convenient to beach without the price, very dog friendly”
Review of Beach Stay Motel

Beach Stay Motel
Beach Stay Motel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Rockaway Beach
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We were looking for a dog friendly hotel in Rockaway Beach. Started looking on a Monday for that Friday! Fortunately it was May. The only thing available was a queen suite which was perfect for us.
This hotel is charming and very dog friendly. We liked the location being on the beach side of 101.
We will definitely stay here again. With a little planning we would like to reserve more rooms and bring the family

Room Tip: I did not see the other ones.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 September 2016

This is a small motel a couple of blocks from the beach. My room is just lovely, with a great bed, comfortable chair, desk with crayons and games on it, and a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster and dishes. The art on the walls is appealing - many cuts above typical motel art. It is quiet here. And the owner/manager is friendly and kind. I would (and probably will) stay here happily again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

You get what you pay for. Sometimes, a little more, sometimes a little less. If you are looking for plush amenities, look elsewhere. If you just need a place to lay your head in peace and quiet, this is the place for you. We found the manager to be very friendly and accommodating, yet she is very practical. She makes no apologies for what this place does not offer. Why should she? She keeps the place immaculately clean and works hard to make sure guests have what they do need.

The place has been freshly repainted as of our stay. The places surrounding it look a bit dumpy which makes this place stand out. It is amazingly quiet despite being so close to the highway. The railroad tracks are only used by the local tourist train which stops a quarter mile away. The motel's location is prime; beach is a two minute walk from your door and all other local attractions are either within walking distance or a very short drive away.

Descriptions speak of kitchenettes but the room we stayed in only had a miniature fridge and a microwave. The only sink was the bathroom sink. There were some cups and bowls and a coffee maker. The BBQ grill on the patio is a charcoal grill. Knowing this before we showed up with our own dinner would have been helpful. Oh well, we made do. Again, for the price, this place is a great deal and I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Although I was just passing through Rockaway Beach, I needed an inexpensive place to rest my traveling head. I stayed in a studio with a double bed, small fridge, microwave, stall shower, basic direct tv & wifi. The staff was accommodating to my late check out time (although wouldn't go past noon). Wifi wasn't fast and I had a hard time sleeping due to the very soft mattress and extremely flat pillows. The room was clean and a decent value for the price. It was just a block from a pretty beach which is always helpful.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

Awesome, small-family- run place to stay. Very clean!!! Great staff! The rooms are uniquely decorated and feel homey. Highly recommend staying here! The staff do not go in your room during your stay, unless you request it- which I really like.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2015

It was a very nice quaint motel. Very nice staff, respected our space, but also very accommodating. the room was very clean and stocked with the necessities. The shower had great water pressure and lots of hot water. My son and I stayed five nights. The beach is right over the hill, it was very peaceful. I picked the motel, because it was down the street from where my family lives. It is walking distance to all the shop and eateries. The sink drained slow, that would be the only negative thing I would say about it. Easy fix though.

Room Tip: Our room was very nice, clean and fit the ambiance of the surrounding and trip. I super enjoyed it.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl C
Reviewed 29 March 2014

As a college student on a road trip to the Oregon coast with friends, we wanted something cozy but within our limited budget. This was a great beach bungalow apartment(we stayed in the 2 bedroom #5) that was clean and cozy. We loved the close proximity to the beach and all the kitchen supplies to cook for ourselves and eat around the dining room table together. We had a great trip and would highly recommend this place for a trip to the coast!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
0.1 km away
Tradewinds Motel
Tradewinds Motel
#4 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Beach Stay Motel? Share your experiences!